~Chapter Twenty~

Alex's (POV)

My hands dangle above my head.

The cuffs bite into the soft skin of my wrists, sending drizzles of warm, itchy blood down my arms.

The grief of Jacks' death two days ago, still sitting heavily on my chest.

I deserve the pain.

Staring blankly at the cracked and worn stone wall, I wait for Razim to come back.

And soon-enough, the door opens and he strides in. Julie's follows behind, his normal smirk plastered across the face I see every time I look in the mirror.

Razim stops in front of me, his arms crossing behind his back. Looking me in the eye, he smiles.

My eyes slightly widen in response. Razim doesn't show emotion. So why is he showing it now of all times? Maybe the stress of everything that's happened has finally broken his emotionless facade....?

He stares into my eyes, hate filling them to the core. Turning away, he walks over to the little table that's located in the middle of the room.

Julius just stands in the corner, the smirk never leaving his-my face.

I look between the two.

What are they planning now?

Sweat rolls down my forehead, stinging my eyes.

Razim picks up a knife, plucking the sharp end with his pointy finger. Turning, he walks back over to me.

With arms trembling from the stress of holding me up and blood pounding in my ears.

I defiantly stare him down.

Getting up close to my face, he smirks. Twirling the knife expertly in his hand, he looks over at Julius. A message passing between them.

Julius steps out of the room.

"Poor Alex." Razim circles around me, and I shiver as he lightly traces the cold knife across my bare chest. "All alone." He stops in front of me again.

"His dear friend, Jack...Dead." He mocks.

I feel anger build up inside me, the need to release it becoming too much. So I do the only thing I'm capable of at the moment.

I spit in his face.

He stares at me, that emotionless face that I knew coming back. Slowly, he raises his empty hand up to his face. Wiping it off, he smiles.

"You'll pay for that." He quietly seethes. "Although, you'll be paying for everything soon enough." He finishes.

With my heart now hammering in my chest like a piston at full speed, I recall what he said the other day....the day he killed Jack.

"I'm going to destroy everything you ever cared for."

My throat closes up, chest clinching in fear.

No.

Frantically, I pull on my chains.

He laughs. "Yes Alex, you guessed it." He motions towards the door. "We brought you company."