~Chapter Fifteen~

Alex's (POV)

            I'm sitting on a cold metal chair, both my legs and my arms strapped down.

            Razim is in the process of attaching those sensors with the sticky ends to my forehead, a couple to my bare chest.

         Julius stands in the corner, a smirk on his face.

         Once Razim finishes, he backs up, looking over his work. Turning around, he walks over to the television that's positioned in front of me, switching it on.

          "It seems Miss. Starbright here is being a bit adventurous today." Razim carelessly says.

          My heartbeat picks up when I notice its a live video feed of Jack. She knocks out a guard next to the gate, moving out from the view of the camera.

          She's escaping!

        The screen flickers, then it switches over to another view of Jack where it shows her getting into a Land Rover.

          I feel panic fill my chest, the breath leaving my lungs.

          It's too easy. Doesn't she see that?

          Who am I kidding? She wouldn't care if it seems too easy. She'd take any chance to get away, any chance if it meant she could help me.

          As headstrong as ever.

        "You destroyed everything." Razim's emotionless voice echoes throughout the room.

          Alarmed, I look up at him.

          "Don't hurt her." I beg.

          No jack, don't do this.

          Don't risk your life for me!

          Razim motions Julius over. He walks next to him, pulling out a small hand remote.

           My chest tightens in despair when I get an idea of what they're doing.

          My breathing picks up as I rigorously strain against the straps that are holding me down, my chest rapidly rising and falling.

          This can't be happening!

         "Please!" I shout, hearing the despair in my voice.

          Razim gives me a blank stare, Julius grinning as he clearly enjoys this. Razim leans uncomfortably closer to me, right up next to my ear.

           Then he whispers. "You destroyed everything." He repeats. "So I'm going to destroy everything you ever cared for."

           My heart stops, eyes widening.