~Chapter Twelve~

Alex's (POV)

I'm being held roughly by my shoulders on each side, my legs dragging lifelessly across the hard ground behind me.

Stick and Rat are currently escorting me down a long dark hallway, the air musty and stale. We turn down a familiar looking hall and my heart skips a beat as I recognize the area.

Not here again.

I try pulling away, struggling to get free. But they just grip me tighter, continuing to drag me along between them like some rag doll.

It's been almost two full weeks now that I've been in this terrible place. Hoping that somehow I'd be rescued.

But I haven't.

I feel a sob get stuck in my throat, tears threatening to spill from my bloodshot eyes.

Not a day's gone by where they haven't hurt me in someway. Be it physically, or mentally.

I can feel myself slowly breaking, my resolve to survive dwindling with each passing day.

We stop in front of a big iron door.

Once again I give a feeble pull, trying to get away.

I can't go back in there!

My head suddenly jerks painfully back as Rat slaps me hard in the face.

         I taste blood in my mouth, those tears I'd been trying so desperately to hold back suddenly released as they come streaming down my cheeks like a river.

"Oh quit your struggling you big baby." Rat says, annoyance lacing his voice.

Stick unlocks the large door, and together they pull me into the dimly lit room.

I hear my breathing hitch before rapidly picking up, my heart beating a mile a minute.

There, in the middle of the room, is a small enclosed square cell. It's about six feet by six feet, the bars about eight inches apart from each other.

My eyes widen.

          They can probably fit through the bars on this cell.

They drag me up to the door, open it, carelessly throwing me in.

           My palms, knees, and shins painfully smack the cold cement ground as I land. My hands catching my face just mere centimeters before it also would've hit the floor.

They slam the cell door shut.

I get up on my smarting knees, facing them.

"N-No!" I desperately shout.

They just stare for a moment before breaking out in laughter. "Pathetic." Stick spits out before they both turn and leave.

I hear the resounding BANG of the door shutting closed. The lock going back in place.

Whimpering, I crawl towards the middle of the cell. Pulling my knees up to my chest, I wrap my arms around them.

They've done this to me before, I know what to do, I know what to expect.

The room suddenly goes pitch black.