~Chapter Eleven~

Alex's (POV)

        "Alex, how bad is it?" Mrs. Jones questions over the phone.

          Like my insides decided to take a trip through a meat grinder, then decided to party in a blender.

         "I'm fine." I mumble into the phone right before another wave of pain hits me, a groan unwillingly escaping my mouth.

           "I don't believe you." She deadpans before pausing, and I hear her sigh on the other end. "Alex, I'm asking them to take you to the doctor."

         My heart stops.

         "No." I force out.

        I don't want to go see a doctor, no mater how bratty that sounds. They have to examine you and I really don't want that right now, or ever actually. And besides, there's too many bad memories involving doctors...

        And she knows it.

        "I'm sorry Alex, but I'm not giving you a choice." Another pause. "This is serious, you need to see a doctor."

         "I've already seen plenty." I retort back, my stubborn side showing through.

         "Alex." She gives me a warning tone.

          Now I sigh.

         Guess I don't really have an option.

          "Fine." I grumble.

         "Alex, it'll be alright." Her voice switches to a gentle tone. "The doctor is the one you were supposed to see in another week anyways."

         As in he or she has already been told as much about me that's within reason.

        "Hope you feel better, Alex. Bye." Mrs. Jones finishes.

         "Bye." I mumble out, feeling a stab of loneliness.

         Lucy walks back in, as if she knew exactly when I'd be done talking on the phone. She takes the phone and I curl back up.

         I don't want to go.

        "Alright everyone, we're going to the doctors." Lucy announces after talking on the phone a bit longer.

       I groan quietly as the hammering starts back up in the back of my head.

        "Do you think you can stand?" I hear Lucy ask, which I'm assuming was directed towards me.

         I work on getting up, each movement sending stabs of pain to my stomach and head.

        When I'm standing, Don and Mack come over, supporting me on each side as we head out the door.

       Going down the stairs and out the front door, we make it to the car in one piece....sorta. Mack opens it, and they attempt to help me in.

       Once they shut the door, I lean against it while holding my aching stomach.

       Lucy gets in beside me, and Don starts the car. Leaning my warm head against the cool window, I feel myself start to drift off as the drowsiness becomes too much.

       The car stops.

       Jerking my head up, I look around with half lidded eyes.

      We're in a parking lot, and in front of us is a decent sized building with the sign                          
        'Town Doctor' on it.