~Chapter Seven~

Alex's (POV)

              Darkness.

             That's all there is. Complete and utter Darkness, slowly sucking you in like a black hole.

              I'm laying on a cold hard floor.

               slowly, I sit up.

              Can't see anything, can't hear anything.

             I can feel the panic start to build up in my throat, choking me, smothering me.

            Where am I?

I hesitantly feel around.

             My hands suddenly bump against what feels like metal bars, and with further inspection I can tell they go around me in a small square.

             I'm in a cage!

            That's when it hits me.

            I remember, and it feels like someone dumped a bucket of ice cold water over my head.

           "Jack." I croak out, my hands tightening around two of the bars. The coldness burning into my palms, burning like the fire deep inside me.

           No, it can't be true. She can't be...dead.

           I gulp loudly, my eyes stinging uncontrollably.

           I've completed my search of the small area, finding only bars that block every direction. Defeated, I sit back in one of the corners, my knees drawn up to my chest as I try to retain some warmth, silent tears falling.

           No more than ten minutes later, I hear a noise. Immediately I sit up, wiping any leftover tears away.

           It sounds like a door being opened.

           Then I hear the unmistakable sound of snarling dogs.

            Scooting as far away as I possibly can from the snarling and now growling dogs, I have no option but to wait and see what they're going to do.

              Soon enough, I find out.

             I hear the sound of claws clicking against the ground as they get closer.

            The whole room is suddenly filled with loud growls as they're let into the room, immediately beginning to circle the cell.

           I quickly crawl to the middle of the cell, the sound of powerful jaws snapping shut directly where I was just sitting, echoing loudly in my ears.

           Curled up on the floor with my eyes shut tight, I start hoping this nightmare will be over.

          But they continue.

         And now.....now they've started jumping against the cell bars. Shaking the whole thing as if any minute it might fall apart and leave me at the mercy of these vicious dogs.