- Chapter 1 -

AUTHOR NOTES AT THE END

¤

Finally I arrive at the campus from the University.  It’s too familiar for me, I don’t feel the excitement I felt last year when I arrived here for first time. If it wasn’t for the unfamiliar faces I would say it all looks exactly the same.

I stop on the sidewalk to appreciate the view. Half of the boys and girls are saying goodbye to their families and then taking their luggage and walking inside, passing through the big gate. The other half are just like me, we’ve been going here already, we don’t need our parents to come with us and give us thetake care of yourself and the what you should and shouldn’t do conversation, which in the end we won’t follow. We avoid the eyes full of tears and lame goodbyes which are replaced by hellos from our old fellows. I look to my right side and see my two best mates who came with me in my car, based on their expressions, they’re probably thinking the same thing.

"Ready for one more year, Lou?" Liam looks back at me and gives me his warm smile.

"Sure" I shrug, it’s just one more year at university… last year was, erm, okay? I think it was normal, I had good grades - the ones I expected - didn’t get into any serious trouble and I made some friends, Zayn and Liam included. Last year was basically a new start for me.

"Well I’m more than ready," Zayn smiles bright and looks at Liam, putting his arm around his shoulder, "I feel like it’s going to be a great year" he says looking at Liam and me. I hope he’s right.

"Lou, be a dear and bring the luggage please" Zayn smirks, teasing and begins to walk with Liam under his arm. I frown and give him a look, containing my laugh.

"What am I? Your servant?" I half joke and grab my two bags from the floor and walk by myself inside, leaving Zayn with the look I wanted him to have on his face and Liam laughing.

As expected, Zayn shouts at me to wait for him and Liam follows his steps, picking up his bags from the floor and walking towards me.

We greet a lot of friends on our way to our dorms. When we aren’t too much farther from them a familiar blonde head appears in front of us and we can’t contain our grins towards the bloke.

“Hey guys! Good to see those three beautiful faces” Niall jokes and he gives to each of us a quick hug. “So do you know where you’re going to stay this year?” he asks, too excited.

"Yes! I’m going to stay with Liam" Zayn says, somehow proudly.

Liam gives him a look which he answers in the same way. I never understood their relationship, or friendship… I don’t really know what they are because they were already friends with benefits - if I can call them that - before I met them but from what I can see, if this year they’re going to stay in the same room, things are going to change… for good I hope. I don’t really care, it doesn’t bother me at all because I’m gay too and I just want my two friends to be happy and if it’s with each other, that’s even better.

"Great!" Niall winks and I know what he means by it.

“What about you Louis?” he asks now looking at me