The Cursed Pig (Age 7)

It was midday as Sirius and Lauren walked down the street. Their destination was a place Sirius had been many times, whenever the deaths of James, Lily, Marlene McKinnon, and Anna(Lauren's mother) gotten to be too much for him. But Lauren had never been to this place. If fact, she'd hardly been anywhere other than Sirius's house, Remus's house or the Burrow, so this was a very special day to her.

 "What's this place called again? The Hexed Plimpy?" she asked. Sirius laughed.

 "The Cursed Pig," he said " although the Hexed Plimpy wouldn't be a bad name either," he paused and stopped walking as they reached the end of the street. "There it is," Sirius said, pointing a sign. It had a pig sitting in a cauldron with the words The Cursed Pig written above it. 

"Well let's go!" Lauren cried and she ran for the door, pulling Sirius behind her. As they entered, Lauren immediately surveyed the area. 

The building was medium sized, with a bar and a band in the corner. It was dark and the tables were full of people, talking and drinking- all men, she noticed. It smelt of smoke and fire whiskey. Lauren inhaled deeply as she and Sirius walked over to the bar and sat down. Behind the counter was an older man; the bartender, Lauren guessed. He smiled at her and seemed friendly enough, so she smiled back. 

"Hey Rick," Sirius greeted the bartender.

 "Hello Sirius," the man-Rick, replied. "Long time no see, but I do see you're not alone this time," he nodded at Lauren. 

"Yep," Sirius said "This is my guardian Lauren. Lauren, this is Rick." Rick chuckled and smiled at her. 

"Hello" she said curiously. He looked at Sirius and shook his head.

 "I don't think Molly Weasley would approve of a six-year old being in my bar," he offered.

 "Well that's okay," Lauren said "maybe she'll approve of a seven-year old being in a bar." Sirius and Rick laughed. 

"Don't worry," Sirius said "I only brought her for the music." Rick nodded.

 "Well, you're in luck," he insisted. "cause it's just about to start". He reached up and rang a bell; a cheer went up in the crowd at the tables. Sirius stood up and turned to Lauren.

 "Stay here and watch," he explained. "I think you're going to like this." He smiled at her and went over to the group that was forming around the band. Someone started to move the tables into a big circle and everyone sat down at them as the band started to play.

 Lauren recognized the song instantly, for Sirius would often whistle it. It was his favorite song. It was called Rose Tattoo by the Dropkick Murphys. As the music played, a man stood up from the crowd and sang the first lyrics.

"The pictures tell the story,

this life had many shades, 

I'd wake up every morning and before I'd start each day, 

I'd take a drag from last nights cigarette, 

that smoldered in its tray, 

down a little something and then be on my way,"

He then took a drink from his cup and sat down. Then, to Lauren's surprise, Sirius stood up and sang,

"I've traveled far and wide,

Laid this head in many ports,

I was guided by a compass,

I saw beauty to the north,

I've drew the tales of many lives,

Wore the faces of my own,

I had these memories all around me so I wouldn't be alone!"

Then all the men stood up and sang the chorus.

"Some may be from showing up,

Others are from growing up,

Sometimes I was so messed up,

And didn't have a clue,

I ain't winning no one over,

I'll wear it just for you,

I've got your name written here in a rose tattoo,

In a rose tattoo 

In a rose tattoo 

I've got your name written here, 

In a rose tattoo!"

And that's how it went. The men would sing and after every line they would take a drink. Halfway through the song, they stood on the tables and started to dance. Lauren couldn't help herself. Their energy and the music was contagious. She ran over and ducked under a table and stood up, so she was surrounded by the men. She watched in awe as they sang and danced. Without knowing it, Lauren started to dance too. She spun around and sang along. The men jumped down from the tables a formed a circle, with their arms around each other's shoulders. They spun around and sang. Sirius spotted Lauren dancing in the middle of the circle and broke off from the group. He circled her, watching and held out his hand. She took it and for the rest of the song they danced together in the middle of the circle. 

The next meeting of the Order of the Phoenix...

"So Lauren, dear, what have you been up to lately?" Molly Weasley asked. 

"Oh not much," Lauren said. "Sirius took me to a bar called the Cursed Pig and we danced in the middle of a circle of drunk guys." she said plainly. The other members eyes went wide and they all slowly turned to look at Sirius, who was slowly backing away, out of the room. 

"YOU DID WHAT?!?!?!?!?!" Molly screamed at him. 

"Crap," Sirius swore and he ran out of the room with Molly chasing after him.