The Battle begins ~Battle of Hogwarts part 1~ (age 15)

A/N: I'm only writing this because I got two comments so Thank you PrincessMarty for guessing.

The night had fallen, and with it, a battle was beginning. Lauren raced through Hogwarts along with the other students. Word had gotten out that there would be a battle and many had chosen to stay, Colin and Marian included. Lauren wasn't afraid of fighting, or even of dying, but she was terrified of losing those she held dear. The entire order would be fighting tonight, that meant that she could lose everyone in one day. But she was determined to make sure that never happened. So many people she loved could die though. Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Colin, Marian, Kingsley, Luna, Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, Harry, Arthur, Molly, Neville, Hagrid, Mcgonagall, and more. Lauren had to protect at least some of them, but how? It was her idea, that was why she ran out of Hogwarts. She ignored the soldiers walking up to one entrance and the explosives Seamus and Neville were carrying to the bridge. She ran straight into the Forbidden Forest, blowing a whistle. Fawkes arrived immediately, along with Nalamar and a pack of Thestrals. Lauren took a deep breath, she needed this to work. Knowing they would understand, she spoke.

 "I need your help. There's going to be a battle tonight and people are going to die. Lots of people. But I need to make sure some of them are protected." With that, Lauren threw some pictures on the ground. The first was one of all of the Weasley's, the others included one of Colin, Marian, and her at the black lake, One of Remus and Tonks, one of Kingsley and Sirius, and one of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. 

"I need you to protect these people tonight."Lauren continued. "If they're going to die, save them, pull them out of the situation, kill the person harming them, something, anything. I'm begging you, please don't let them die tonight."she begged. Fawkes nodded in agreement and the Threstrals snorted and spread their wings before getting closer to study the photos. Nalamar roared in agreement too. Lauren sighed in relief and thanked them. "Come on Nalamar, we've got a battle to win."she said, determined as she climbed on the dragon's back. They flew up to a tower of the school and Lauren stood up on the dragon's back as they neared a balcony. 

"Tell Professor Mcgonagall Remus, Sirius, and I will handle this part of the castle" Kingsley's familiar voice rang out. A moment passed and Kingsley spoke again. "Hey, Dean? On second thought, tell Mcgonagall we might need a few more wands on this side." Perfect entrance opportunity, Lauren thought. 

"You called?" Lauren piped up, appearing on the other side of the balcony. 

"No." Sirius said firmly as she climbed onto the tower. "You are not fighting tonight." he said strictly. 

"Yes I am." Lauren replied. "I'm not going to sit at home like a coward and wait, not knowing if the people I care about are even still alive." Sirius stared at her, his eyes going straight into her soul. He knew everything about her, from her darkest secret to her biggest weakness. But he didn't use those things against her. Sirius stared into her lightning eyes, into the face so much like her mother's it hurt. 

"I'm not going to lose you Lauren."Sirius insisted. "I can't. It would kill me." Lauren paused. 

"I know. But I can't lose you either and I know you aren't going to leave either, so I have to stay." she rebutted. She thought for a moment searching his eyes. "He's going to be here tonight Sirius."she added softly. "I can't miss that opportunity." Sirius didn't even have to ask who she meant, for he knew it too. Her father would be among those they would fight. 

"I'll let you stay," Sirius began "on one condition." Lauren's heart lept. 

"Name it."

"That you won't go after him." Sirius finished. Lauren's heart sank and her eyes went dark. 

"No." 

"Lauren,"

 "No." she said fiercely. "I have to find him. I have to kill him and tonight's probably the only chance I'll  get! I have to Sirius. It's my right." He looked at her, anger flooding his face. 

"You're not the only one who wants to kill him. You aren't the only one who wants to make him pay for what he did, but you can't do it. He is a dark wizard. He is far too advanced in magic for a student with only four years of training. He will kill you, Lauren and if he does, then - then" Sirius faltered. "Then I failed." he blurted. "Then I failed you, and I failed your mother. Grief is something I've learned to live with but, I can't live with the knowledge that I failed your mother and that your death was on my hands." Lauren held back her anger and swallowed hard. 

"Fine." she agreed. "I won't go looking for him. But if he finds me, then I have to do what I have to do, alright?" Sirius nodded. 

"Alright. But, just, please be careful. And if you get hurt, I'll skin you alive, understood?" 

"Understood."Lauren said with a grin. "But, Sirius, I want you to promise me something." 

"Anything,"

"Don't think about me during the battle." she insisted. "You'll get distracted and then you'll be more focused on if I'm alright then you will be on your own life and then you'll get hurt. If you think about someone else, you'll be putting yourself in danger and I don't want that so, please promise me." Sirius took a long look at her. 

"You've really grown up." he noted. "Alright. I promise."