Goodbye Severus Snape ~Battle of Hogwarts part 5~ (age 15)

This time, Lauren was caught by a Thestral. And she wasn't alone on it. As she clung to the creature's bony neck, she glanced down at the person being held in the Thestral's claws. The person was screaming so loud that if Colin hadn't just been taken by Death Eaters, Lauren would've laughed. The fact that it was Tonks just made it better. Colin. The recent memory flashed in her head and her eyes darkened from lightning to a storm cloud. She was scared for him. But he'll be alright, she reassured herself, the creatures won't let anything bad happen to him. The Thestrals were doing a great job after all. The one Lauren was riding on dropped a screaming Tonks into a tower and flew away, leaving her bewildered. Lauren clung to the Thestral until she was thrown to the ground. Instantly, she jumped to her feet as a cold feeling of doom overtook her. The adrenaline powering her stopped, and all she could think of were horrible things. Dementors, a small part of her whispered. That doesn't matter, the rest of her insisted. Colin is probably dead, and so is Sirius. Harry will die tonight too - you know he will.... No. Yes. no. YeS. NO! 

"No!" she yelled, spinning around to face the dementors. "Expecto Patronum!" At her words, a hippogriff, a black dog, a wolf, and a chameleon burst out of her wand, attacking the dementors. Lauren stood there in shock for a moment, her wand still raised in the air. Was it possible that her patronus was multiple animals? And that it had changed in just two years? But why? The whispy creatures swirled around her and it slowly made sense. The hippogriff was Anna, it was her mother. The black dog was Sirius, for it was the same as his animagus form. The wolf was Remus, for the werewolf part of him. And the chameleon....A memory flashed in Lauren's head. Of Dumbledore's Army practicing their patronuses. The session seemed like it was decades ago, instead of just a couple years. In her mind, Lauren watched as Colin cased the charm, and a small chameleon burst out. It was his patronus. And he was important enough for his patronus to be in Lauren's own. I'm in love with Colin Creevey, she realized. Sure, she had known it before. She'd even written it hastily and given it to him. But this - this was.....different. It was deeper. It didn't feel right to keep it inside.

 "I'm in love with Colin Creevey," she whispered. And they took him from me, she thought angrily. The faces of the Death Eaters that had chased them stuck in her head. Some rats are gonna die tonight, she vowed, racing back to the fighting. As she ran towards the school, a familiar trio of people caught her eye. One red-head, a girl with frizzy brown hair, and a boy with glasses and messy black hair were running through the battle. Lauren was alone, full of vengeance, anger, guilt, and grief. These were her siblings. So, naturally, she ran towards them. She chased after them halfway to the boat house before she found her voice and yelled 

"Harry!" Harry turned at the sound and stopped. 

"Lauren!" he called in return. At his words, Ron and Hermione whipped around and froze as she reached them. Ron let out a cry and nearly tackled her. 

"We thought you were dead!" he yelled. Lauren frowned in confusion. 

"Why would you - oh. Riiiiiight. The whole shouting-your-names-cause-I-was-about-to-fall-to-my-death-thing."she said in realization. Hermione's eyes widened and she pulled something out of her pocket. 

"I think you dropped something." she noted, handing Lauren the knife. Lauren let out a gasp and grabbed it tightly, holding up to her face and murmuring to it. Ron stared at her.

 "Okay. Well. Can you save the whole conversation with your knife thing for after the battle? Cause we're a little busy at the moment." he said. Lauren nodded and tucked the knife away as the four of them raced for the boat house. 

"Nagini. Kill." Lauren froze in horror as she listened to Snape being attacked. Surprisingly, she actually found herself regretting how she had treated Snape over the years. But no one could blame her. He'd always been cruel towards her, and she'd grown up with two men that despised him. But still, it said something that she'd known him her whole life and yet the first time she'd actually said his name instead of Snivellus was when she started school and didn't have a choice. But whatever it was, Lauren found herself pitying the man that was dying in front of her eyes. Snape stared at Harry, but he didn't see the boy he'd hated for years. Instead he saw the green eyes of the woman he had loved. They were the last things he would ever see. After he had died, Lauren walked over and closed his eyes. 

"Goodbye Severus." she whispered. And then searing pain struck them all as Voldemort spoke. He commanded his forces to retreat and Lauren let out a sigh of relief. The relief was short lived as Voldemort continued. 

"Harry Potter. I now speak directly to you. You have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. I request that you meet me in the Forbidden Forest and accept your fate. If you do not do this, I will kill every last man, woman, and child that tries to conceal you from me. You have one hour."