Weddings (age 21)

Petunia Dursley picked up the mail from the floor and began looking through it. It had been years since her last day at Privet Drive, and since she had last seen her nephew. Vernon had assumed he was dead and had bid good riddance to him, but there was still a part of Petunia that hoped the boy was still alive. She stopped at one of the letters. It didn't have a return address and it was addressed to her. She opened it, right in the hallway, and began to read the shocking words. 

Dear Aunt Petunia,

I know we haven't spoken in years, and that you probably assumed, or even hoped, that I was dead, but I'm not. I am very much alive. I know this is a rather odd way to reconnect, but I wanted to invite you to my wedding. It is perfectly alright if you don't wish to come. I will understand. But in case you wish to attend, all the information you need is down below. But please keep in mind that the wedding will be held in the Wizarding world and there will be witches and wizards present. If you do plan to attend, please send me an RSVP via Owl. Just write your response and give it to Ms. Figg. She'll know what to do.

Your nephew,

Harry Potter

Attached to the bottom of the letter, was a proper invitation. It read,

You and one guest are cordially invited to the wedding of Mr. Harry James Potter, and Ms. Ginerva Molly Weasley. 

The ceremony will take place on June 27th at 3:00 at the Burrow. 

If you are planning on attending, please RSVP to Molly Weasley no later than June 15th. 

Petunia was stunned. Harry was alive? And he was getting married? But, more importantly, he was inviting her? The woman who had stood by while Vernon stuffed him in a cupboard and struck him? It shocked her. She walked into the kitchen and sat down across from Vernon at the table. She stared at him, thinking. They had been nothing but cruel to Harry his whole life, and yet, he wanted them at his wedding. They were going, Petunia decided, whether Vernon liked it or not. 

"Vernon?" she said slowly. He looked up at her, almost annoyed that she'd interrupted his breakfast. "You're not going to believe this, but, well, Harry's alive. And more then that, he's invited us to his wedding between him and Ms. Ginerva Weasley." Vernon opened his mouth to protest, but Petunia continued in a determined voice that was very unlike her. "We're going whether you like it or not. We have been nothing but cruel to Harry and he didn't deserve it. We can do this for him at least." With that, Petunia left the room to look for something to wear to a wedding. 

Elsewhere...

"It's so fancy." Lauren declared, studying the invitation. 

"It's got lace." Sirius said in disbelief. "Why would Harry let her make lace invitations?"  

"Because I'm marrying her." Harry said, walking into the room. "Most people tend to read the invitation, not analyze it." he added. 

"We're not analyzing it!" Lauren insisted. Harry looked at her skeptically. " Okay, maybe a little bit." she admitted. But it was exciting. Harry was getting married, and other weddings were sure to follow. Ron and Hermione were already engaged, and it was only a matter on time before Neville asked Luna as well. As for Lauren, she wasn't sure. She and Colin were still dating, but their relationship was more playful than the others. They didn't go to candle-light dinners, they went to muggle amusement parks. One time Colin brought her to a muggle store and she came home covered in fire extinguisher foam and stuffed animal fur. Lauren liked it when they did fun things and so did Colin. Marian often said that she thought the reason they didn't have a very serious relationship is because they found it boring. She was more right then either of them were willing to admit. Harry and Ginny's relationship was more of a mixture. And it worked out perfectly.

June 27th....

The ceremony was perfect. Ginny was beautiful as she walked down the aisle, and Harry had actually managed to tame his hair, after practically bathing in Sleakeazy's. The wedding reception was both inside and outside of the Burrow. Harry and Ginny were walking around, greeting the guests, as Harry spotted his Aunt and Uncle walk in. He walked over to them, Ginny on his heels. 

"Aunt Petunia!" he called. She whirled around and looked relieved to see a familiar face in the crowd. "You made it," Harry said happily. Vernon grumbled beside Petunia as they spoke. "This is my bride," Harry continued, gesturing to Ginny. "The lovely Ginny Weasley." Petunia smiled and held out a hand. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she said politely. Ginny smiled back and shook her hand. 

"The pleasure's all mine," she insisted. Sirius walked up to the small group and tapped Harry on the shoulder. 

"You haven't seen Teddy, have you?" he asked. Harry and Ginny shook their heads. 

"What happened?" Harry asked. 

"Tonks lost track of him and is trying to find him before Remus notices he's gone." Sirius replied. Ginny laughed as the Dursley's stared on in confusion. 

"Oh!" Harry said, noticing their predicament. "Sirius, this is my Aunt Petunia and my Uncle Vernon. Aunt Petunia, this is my Godfather Sirius."  

"Nice to meet you," Petunia responded. "Who's Teddy?" 

"Teddy is my godson." Harry explained. "He's my dad's friend Remus's son." 

"And my cousin Tonks's son," Sirius added. "He's about four, this tall, blue hair. Have you seen him?" The Dursleys' shook their heads and Sirius sighed. "Well, keep an eye out, alright?" They agreed and Sirius left to keep looking. As soon as he was out of sight, a person swung down from the ceiling. 

"Is he gone?" Lauren asked. Harry nodded, and another person swung down, giggling. Ginny face-palmed as Lauren and Teddy dropped to the ground. "Ah, Vernon!" Lauren said with far too much enthusiasm. "How are you?" Vernon's face turned red and he growled. Petunia glanced at her in confusion. 

"Who are you?" she asked. 

"Well, Petunia, remember the girl that threatened her way into your house and stole Harry?" Petunia nodded. "That was me. And remember the time Vernon got his ass handed to him by a little girl in King's Cross Station?" She nodded again. "That was me doing the ass-handing. And remember the time-" 

"Okay!" Harry interrupted. "I think they get it. This is Lauren. She's my Godfather's adopted daughter. She's like my sister. Now," he continued, turning to Lauren. "You should probably let Tonks know that you have Teddy before she has a heart attack." Lauren grinned smugly. 

"Nah. I'm going to give him to Remus." she said deviously. Harry laughed.