The Slug Club (Age 14)

They were at the Three Broomsticks when it happened. Lauren was silently laughing at Ron's anger at seeing Ginny snog Dean. Lauren found it particularly funny because she imagined Ron's reaction when it would be Harry snogging Ginny instead. Professor Slughorn had walked over and Harry had jumped up to greet him. Lauren thought Harry was acting odd around Slughorn. 

Well, I guess I'll have to threaten it out of him later, she thought. She had wanted to tell them about joining the Order but Dumbledore and the other members had made her swear to keep it a secret. 

"You'll be welcome too Granger," Slughorn said. "And Ms. Black, of course."His eyes darted over to Ron. "Good to see you Wimbly."bhe added, walking away. Lauren fought back a laugh. 

"So, what am I welcome to?" she asked Harry. 

"Slughorn's dinner party."Harry said, sitting back down. They eyed him curiously. "Dumbledore's asked me to get to know him,"he added. Lauren tilted her head. 

"I wonder why," she thought out loud, acting nonchalant while observing Harry's reaction. He shrugged but she could see that he was hiding something. Suddenly, it struck her what had just happened. "Wait. I have to go to a dinner party."she groaned. "Don't tell me I have to wear a dress"she whined. The others laughed.

At the Party...

Lauren sat reluctantly at the table. Her growing despise for the 'slug club' was perfectly hidden behind the mask of an intrigued, polite person. She was sitting next to Cormac McLaggen and was seriously considering "accidentally" knocking her entire desert into his lap. Personally, Lauren saw Cormac as a pervert who had set his sights on Hermione and since Ron was too proud and Harry was too clueless, it was Lauren's job to keep McLaggen away from her un-biological sister. Meanwhile, Slughorn was going through each person at the table, telling everyone else why they were there, Lauren presumed. 

"Then we have Lauren, of course." Slughorn said. "I had the entire Black family when I used to teach, except for Sirius. I figured I should keep that tradition going."he continued. Lauren forced a smile, completely hating every minute of this. Across the room, Hermione and Harry bit back laughs. They could tell how much Lauren hated this and it was hilarious to see how clueless everyone else was. Then, Ginny entered the room, her eyes puffy. "Ah, Ms. Weasley, glad you could make it."Slughorn insisted. 

"Sorry, I'm not usually late." She apologized. As she approached the table, Harry stood up. Lauren tried to hold back her laughter but it escaped. She coughed into her hand to cover it up as Cormac gave her a dirty look. Lauren shot one right back at him, throwing him off guard. No one seemed to notice.  

"So," Slughorn began after Ginny and Harry sat down. "Ms. Granger, what exactly do your parents do in the muggle world?" he asked. 

"My parents are dentists."Hermione replied. The other guests exchanged glances as she explained. As Lauren watched, a Slytherin girl opened her mouth to make a snide comment. Do it, Lauren begged, I dare you. But Slughorn spoke before she could talk. 

"Fascinating."he said. Oh boggarts. Lauren thought. This is going to be a long night.

Later....

"So, how was the dinner party?"Colin questioned. He and Lauren were in the library, re-shelving their books. Lauren banged her head against the shelf. 

"It was horrible. Merlin's bowtruckle, I never want to go to another on of those again."she complained. "Oh NO,"she groaned, remembering. 

"What?"Colin asked. 

"I forgot I have to go to his Christmas party too." she moaned. Colin laughed. 

"Hey, better you then me, you'll never get me to one of those."he said. Lauren glanced at him, a devious look on her face. 

"Think again," she said smugly. "you're coming with me." Colin's eyes widened. 

"What. No. Why?" he stammered. She grinned.

 "Because I have to bring a guest."she smirked. Colin's face fell and he groaned. 

"Noooo" he whined. "Why me?" 

"Oh come on,"Lauren protested. "We'll be miserable together." He laughed. 

"Alright."

Slughorn's Christmas Party....

Lauren stood in the corner of the room, having a deep discussion with Luna about nargles. Colin stood with the other miserable people that didn't want to be at the party. As she watched out of the corner of her eye, Hermione emerged from a corner, her face red. Lauren walked over to her. 

"So, is Cormac as bad of a kisser as he looks?"she asked casually. Hermione's eyes widened and her face contorted in horror. 

"He's revolting." she spat. Lauren smiled. 

"I thought so, I'm sure Ron wold be much better." she added. Hermione's face turned bright red as she ran off. Colin snuck up behind Lauren. 

"What did you say?"he questioned. 

"I asked how good of a kisser Cormac was and when she responded I said that Ron was a better one."she said smugly. Colin smiled deviously. 

"And why would you want to know how good of a kisser Cormac is?" Lauren shoved him. 

"So I could pair him up with the right pig, of course." she replied. They laughed as Filch stormed into the room, dragging Malfoy. After an argument, Snape escorted Draco out of the party. "Well, that was intriguing," Lauren said. 

"As long as it's not illegal and you won't get expelled, killed, or tortured, go crazy and do whatever you want." Colin said. 

"I think that's going to be my motto from now on," she replied. "You're the best." Colin smirked at her.

 "I know."

Later....

It was after Defense Against The Dark Arts. The other students had left but Lauren lingered. 

"Can I help you with something?" Snape growled. 

"What did you say to Malfoy after you escorted him out of Slughorn's Christmas party?"Lauren interrogated. Snape paused. 

"That's none of your concern."he said. She approached him carefully. 

"In case you haven't realized it yet, we're on the same side, Snape. Well, that is, presuming you are on the side the Order believes you to be." Snape glared at her. 

"I think you have forgotten that I am one of the few people who knows your father's identity, so don't act like you have something you can hold over my head when, in fact, it is the other way around." Lauren raised her eyebrows. 

"I'm not afraid of you or anything you and your Death Eater buddies do." she said confidently. Snape eyed her. 

"I can make your life extremely difficult, and you would do well to remember that. Now get to class."  Lauren smirked. 

"Certainly. See you at the next meeting, Snivellus."