Chapter 3

~ Will ~

He knelt next to the daughter of Demeter, she looked almost normal, except for the fact that she lay in a pool of her own blood. Her twin sister knelt on the other side of her, holding her hand. Abigail looked at Will with tears in her eyes. He gave her a reassuring smile, "I'll see what I can do."

He studied Charlotte, and began to bandage her wound. "What happened to her?" He asked as he worked.

Abigail wiped her eyes, "We were in the woods... and... then there was this voice..."

"A voice?" Charlie asked.

Abigail nodded, "Yes. But it was more like a chorus of voices..."

Anika went pale, "Oh."

Will tricled some nectar into Charlotte's mouth as he listened.

As Abigail explained what had happened Charlie's face got paler and paler. Her expression guarded. Nico knelt next to Will and began to help, passing Will random things that he apparently thought would help.

Eventually Charlotte's wound was wrapped and it had begun enough of the healing process to safely get her to the infirmary. But there was one problem. Her eyes were still closed. Her chest rose up and down as normal, but that was one of the only signs that the girl was alive. Will instructed a few of his siblings to carry her to the infirmary, then he walked over to Charlie. He put an arm around her, "What's up?"

She didn't respond.

He looked over at her and was surprised to see tears running down her face. It was the first time he'd seen her show any sign of weakness. She said nothing as she buried her head in his chest. He wrapped an arm around her and awkwardly patted her on the back. After a few minutes a small voice came out from her lips, "The woods tried to take her. It's getting stronger. Soon people won't be able to resist." She took a deep breath and hugged him, "You need to help her. Do whatever you can. I need to talk to her." Will nodded, still perplexed, "Sure, but why?"

Charlie smiled, her eyes bloodshot from crying. He nodded again, "Okay, I'll try."

"You would anyways." She said softly. Then leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek, a sisterly kiss, full of affection and love, "Thanks lego man." She turned and walked away, heading for the Hypnos cabin.

Will turned to find Nico, he was holding the first aid kit. He grinned at Will, "She need our help, let's go." Will nodded, still trying to figure out what Charlie had meant.

* * *

Now he could breath, Charlotte was fine. She just needed rest. She had woken up and now she was resting. Abigail had been so happy, she'd already lost her sister once, and she didn't want to lose her again, permanently. Will smiled to himself as he remembered Abigail's look of pure joy when her sister had sat up.

He lay on his bed, Nico curled up beside him reading a book. Will closed his eyes, he wanted sleep and he deserved it. So he allowed himself to drift off the world of dreams.

* * *

He knew this dream too, it was a memory of his past. The first time he'd met the blonde haired, blue eyed daughters of Demeter, Abigail and Charlotte Orbis.

They were at the bottom of Half Blood hill, looking over the camp, they leaned on each other, as if they were one another's anchor to the world. He approached Charlotted, he hadn't known her name then, but he did now.

"Hi, I'm Will Solace." he reached out and took her hand, she tried to pull away but his grip is strong. He took her pulse and he sensed that something was wrong. Very wrong. He reached out and felt the girl's forehead. A wave of pain, hurt, misery and something deeper, washed over him. He turned to the gray eyed daughter of Athena, "Annabeth," Will said, "We need to take her to the infirmary. I think she hit her head, probably a concussion." Annabeth nodded and he picked up Charlotte, she reached for her sister's hand and Abigail took it.

His dream fast forward to the same day, but they were now in the infirmary. Charlotte sat up suddenly and Will looked over, "Is something wrong?"

She looks around, like she was expecting to see someone. "I heard a voice..." she muttered Will shook his head, "No one said anything. Are you feeling better?"

Charlotte nodded "Good." he stood, "Stay here, I'll be right back."

Will wanted the dream to stop. He did not want to see her blonde hair, or her blue eyes. He wanted to wake up before she came in. As much as he wanted to see her, a part of him knew that it wasn't wise to dwell on things he couldn't have, like lost sisters for instance. He willed himself to wake up, trying with all his might.

* * *

His eyes flew open, he was breathing hard. Nico looked over at him, "You okay?" Will smiled, but it was forced and Nico could tell, "Yeah, fine. Bad dream."

Nico raised his eyebrow, "If you say so." he said before returning to his book, then he looked back at Will, "But if you don't tell me, I can't help"

Will sighed, "Fine."

Nico smirked, "That always works." the son of Hades sat up and looked at him in the eye, "So, what's going on in that mind of yours?"

Will didn't know what to say, "A lot."

Nico rolled his eyes, "Wow, that clears it all up, Solace."