Chapter 39

~ Nico ~

While the rest of the camp gathered at the fire pit, Will and Nico made their way to the water front, the two of them sat on the sand, enjoying each other's company.

After a few minutes, Will broke the silence, "Do you ever wish we were normal?"

"What?"

"Some times I wish I wasn't a demigod, that way I could do normal things, like walk down the street without worrying about monsters attacking me."

"Where is this coming from?" Nico asked gently, this didn't sound like the Will he knew. Something was going on in his mind.

"I just hate being a hero sometimes," Will continued, ignoring Nico, "there's so much mystery, so much unknown. So much death and destruction."

"Will," Nico said gently, cupping his boyfriends face in his hands. Will's unfocused gaze rested on Nico, his blue eyes became focused. Will put his hands on Nicos writs and he sighed, "I just want to know what's going on."

Before he could stop himself, Nico said, "That really clears things up, thanks." Will let out a small laugh, then he leaned forward and pressed his lips against Nico's.

"It's hard to explain, but I keep having these dreams." Will said reluctantly.

"Tell me about them, maybe that will help."

"In one dream, I was in the woods." Will started, "I heard the sound of fighting and I followed it. I found Harper and Luke, fighting. She was crying, trying to change his mind, trying to convince him not not go. But he wouldn't listen. He just..." Will's voice broke. "She told him about what she knew and he ignored her. Then Harper told him that she knew his future, that she knew his past. She told him how he would die. She told him that some old man was right, on the night of the fire. The man had seen this. She knew that what Luke was going to would hurt all the people she loved. She knew she couldn't change his mind, she knew she was fighting a hopeless battle. In the end he killed her and I ran up and watched her die in my arms."

Nico stared out at the water, "When you said 'I had a dream' I wasn't expecting that."

"But I was never there. I never saw that."

"Yeah I'd be surprised if you forgot something so traumatic."

Nico listened as Will talked about his dreams, how they felt like they were not his. Almost as though they were memories. It occurred to him that Will's dreams were telling Harpers story, in more detail than Kayla had told them, but from someone else's perspective.

Once the son of Apollo had finished recounting his dreams, Will told him about his vision that morning, "They were all from someone else's point of view too. I saw Harper sleeping and Luke by her side writing down what she was saying in her sleep."

"Thats... creepy." Nico declared.

Will continued, ignoring Nico's wise statement, "There was another part, were Harper was in the attic and she was reading a book. I think the same one Luke was writing in." He pulled a think book out of his pocket, he opened it to the right page then passed it to Nico.

The son of Hades took the book and scanned the writing.

things Harper said
the one who lost their way
returns home again
the beast sleeps, alive and well
screams unleash hell
broken mind
tortured soul
unknown cure
story left untold

"Sounds like a prophecy to me." Nico said.

"Thanks, I never noticed." Will said flatly. The son of Apollo pointed at the writing around the prophecy, "I think Luke tried to decode it."

"Sure looks like it." Nico agreed. Will rolled his eyes, "You're no help."

The son of Hades shrugged, "I know." He moved closer to Will and Nico rested his head on Will's shoulder. "You know... the dreams, the vision, they might be from the point of view of the same person." Nico said.

"And who might that be?" Will asked, wrapping his arm around Nico.

"Shelby Lancaster."

"What made you jump to that conclusion?"

Nico shrugged, "I don't know, something is happening out there." He gestured to the water. "Something is stirring. Think about it, Apollo is gone, things are happening."

"Well you're wrong Neeks, Shelby has been dead for years."

i'm kinda stunned guys, i've actually worked on this ahead of time and had stuff ready for when i wanted to upload it!!
because of my longggg absence i lost quite the number of readers and such, in time they probably will return, but in the mean time i would really appreciate all the love and support this book can get, so comment if you liked it, vote if you want and share if you feel the need too!!