Chapter 44

~ Will ~

As soon as Nico deemed him somewhat better, Will was gone. He was in the infirmary, beside Shelby.

He loved talking to them, seeing them. It was part of his past right here in the present, it was marvellous.

They still hadn't remembered what had happened to them. But other than that Shelby was progressing. Their nightmares had lessened, their speech was more or less normal.

And Will clung to every word.

* * *

"Will, take a break. You've been in here for days."

"Can you come back later? I'm busy right now."

Nico grabbed his shoulder and spun him around so he looked the son of Hades in the face. "Will, if you want to help, get rest. You're one of the only ones who can help, and if you hurt yourself, you won't be able to. You're drained."

Will shrugged Nico's hand off, "No. I'm staying with Shelby. I already lost them once, then I almost did the other day, I'm not letting that happen again."

Nico tried again, "I'll say with Shelby. You need a proper meal and sleep. Then you can come back." And then Nico shoved him out of the room and closed the door.

Will sighed and made his way to the office at the end of the hall. He picked up an apple and ate it. Then he lay down on the couch and fell asleep.

* * *

He woke up to find Nico, sitting over him, he smiled sleepy at the son on Hades, "Morning cutie."

Was it his imagination or did Nico blush? "It's nine at night, William."

"You're still cute."

Nico rolled his eyes, "Did you have a good sleep?" Will nodded and yawned, then it dawned on him, "Wait. Who's with Shelby?" He began to stand up but the son of Hades pushed him down, "Hold it sunshine, you aren't going anywhere."

"But.." Will protested.

Nico put a finger to Wills lips, "Cecil is with them, he said he would come get us if anything happened. Anything at all." Will relaxed a bit and Nico sat down on his lap, "Besides, you've been so busy," Nico walked his fingers up Wills arm, making it hard for him to concentrate. "I haven't gotten to spend any time with you."

Will swallowed, "Sunshine?" He asked weakly. Nico nodded and wrapped his arms around Will. For a moment they just sat there, enjoying each other's company. Will smiled at his boyfriend, he couldn't be more grateful to have someone like Nico in his life. He leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the lips. Nico smiled at him as he sat up, "You made it so difficult." He scolded.

"What?"

"I'm trying my best to be all romantic and sweet and you kiss me!" Nico pouted.

Will let out a laugh, "That just means it worked, di Angelo." For a second it was perfect, then, "Nico?"

"Mhm."

"My legs falling asleep."

Nico swatted him, "Way to ruin the moment Solace."

* * *

When he woke up, he was in Nico's arms. The son of Hades smiled down at him, "Morning handsome." He said casually, leaning over and planting a kiss on Wills lips.

Will felt his whole body wake up, every part of him tingling. "Hi." He said weakly. "What's that look on your face?"

"I was thinking."

"Oh no." Will said, sitting up. "That can't be good."

Nico rolled his eyes, "I think I should bring Ayla here."

"You... what?"

"I'm going to camp Jupiter Will, I'm going to find Ayla and bring her here. Shelby should see her."

For a moment Will was quiet, then he sighed, "It might be for the best."

Nico looked surprised that Will had agreed, "I'll see you later then." The son of Hades began to stand.

"You're leaving now?"

Nico nodded, "Yeah. It shouldn't take too long."

Will wanted to protest but he didn't, he just stood up and wrapped his arms around Nico. "Be safe, okay."

"I will." Nico promised.

"And you have everything you need? nectar, clothes, food..." His voice trailed off as Nico rolled his eyes, "Yes, Will. It may surprise you, but I actually am prepared."

"And you have drachmas in case something happens?"

In response Nico presses his lips against Will's. He picked the son of Hades. Nico didn't pull away, he just let himself be carried. Will set him down on the desk. On impulse, Nico grabbed his boyfriends face and Will met him halfway. His hands gripped Wills face tightly. "I love you." he breathed into the kiss. But Will just nodded.

There was a knock at the door and someone poked their head in as Nico and Will broke apart.

Cecil looked at them and blinked a few times, "Um... is this a bad time?"

"No." Will said quickly, feeling his face going red.

"Yeah." Nico said.

Will glared at him but Nico only smiled, "What's up Cecil?"

The son of Hermes looked flustered, "Um Shelby just woke up."

"Come home safe, death boy." He said to Nico, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. The son of Hades smiled and stepped back into the shadows.

Will straightened his shirt, "Sorry about that." He said, walking past Cecil, making his way to Shelby's room.

wait an update??? wow that's new