Chapter 18

~ Will ~

Nico put his hand on Will's chest, "Go to Hades." He said, before pushing him into the icy water.

The cold shot through him as he was pushed up by the naiads. He looked up at the smirking face of Nico di Angelo, "I'm not ready to meet your father, Nico. Gods, you're taking this to fast."

Nico only rolled his eyes.

"You are the worst."

His boyfriend grinned, "Oh, I know. Don't worry."

"I won't. Now help me get out of here before I drown."

Nico extended a hand, "I know you're going to pull me in, Solace."

"I won't, gods. Have a little bit of faith."

Will grabbed Nico's out stretched hand and pulled. The son of Hades fell off the dock with a splash. Will laughed and climbed out of the water. He sat there waiting for Nico to come back up. But he didn't.

Then Will was in the water, he could see the outline of a person sinking. He tried to move forward but the water resisted. Will went up for air then dove back down, he watched as the face of Nico di Angelo sunk further into the murky depths. Will followed but he still could not reach the son of Hades.

Will wanted to scream, but he couldn't. He had to help Nico, he tried to push through the water but the currents brought him further away. Will broke the surface his lungs burning, he screamed but no one could hear him. He dove back down and grabbed Nico's arm, he pulled the son of Hades to the shore. "Nico!"

His eyes stayed closed, and Will felt a hollowness inside his chest. "Nico..." The son of Hades stayed still. His chest unmoving. Will could feel a lump of emotions in his throat. "Nico..."

Nico opened his eyes, "Hello sunshine."

Will blinked, "Gods, you scared me."

"Good. You deserve it."

"Don't you ever do that again."

"That wasn't acting you know,"Nico said before sitting up, "The stupid naiads didn't want to catch me. I'm a son of Hades." His tone was bitter and Will briefly wondered why.

"Well, I'll have Percy talk to them. I can't have my death boy drowning on me, now can I?" He gently pinched Nico's cheek.

"I'm going to toss myself back in if you don't stop." Nico threatened.

"Whatever, let's go get warmed up before we both die of hypothermia."

"Good plan."

* * *

Nico sat against him as they huddled under a blanket. "Will, you almost killed me." Nico pointed out.

"I know that."

"Then why are you grinning like a moron?"

"Because I saved you. Because you're here next to me."

Nico rolled his eyes. "Figures."

Will laughed, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Nico challenged.

"Arguing. It was stupid."

"Yeah, it really was."

"Thanks, Nico." Will said, wrapping his arm around the son of Hades.

Will heard a clopping noise and stood up, "Chiron's coming." Nico stood up to and, sure enough, the centaur appeared at the door way. "Mr di Angelo, may I have a word?"

Nico glanced at Will like, isn't he going to punish us because we were in my cabin alone together? Will shrugged, then turned to Chiron, "Of course." He pushed Nico forward and his boyfriend glared at him, then followed Chiron outside.

* * *

Nico came back in and gave Will a tight smile, "Hi."

"What's up?"

"Chiron just wanted to talk..."

"Nico. You're lying. I can tell."

"I am not." The son of Hades protested, then he began to pack a bag.

"Nico, what are you doing?"

"Chiron wants me to do this." Nico said, grabbing a pair of pants and stuffing them into the bag.

"What are you doing?"

"What I was told to do." A dark shirt was tossed carelessly in the bag.

"Nico di Angelo. What is going on?"

"You won't like it." Nico warned, cramming one last thing in the bag, before zipping it shut.

"What?" Will said, flopping down on Nico's bed.

"Chiron wants me to shadow travel to Camp Jupiter to deliver a message to Reyna and Frank."

"That's all, that's not that bad Neeks. Why did you think I wouldn't like it?"

"Because all other messengers sent were intercepted and gruesomely killed by some unknown enemy."

Will sat up, "There is no way in Hades that you are going alone."

Nico sighed, "I knew you'd say that."

"You aren't." Will said, standing. "I'm coming with you."

"Will, the camp needs you. I'll be fine. I've been to the underworld, I've seen the fields of punishment. I shadow traveled across the world. I've been through Tartarus and back."

"The monsters captured you." Will pointed out.

"The point is, one more jump won't kill me. I'll be fine."

"You might be fine, but I won't be."

Nico wrapped his arms around him, "Will, I'll come back. I swear on the river Styx."

"If you don't I'll kill you."

Nico laughed, "I'd already be dead."

"Don't say that, death boy."

"I'll say whatever I want, sun kid." Nico said, leaning in for a kiss.

anyone remember the 'hello' part (other than bob) from something else? does it seem familiar? it's from one of my books... that much i can tell you! leave a comment to let me know when you have figured it out!