Chapter 36

~ Will ~

He looked up at Austin, who held his saxophone in one hand and was fixing his hair in the mirror with the other.

"Dude, you look fine." Will assured his brother. Austin frowned, obviously unsure of himself. "I don't know... should I change my shirt?" Will sighed, "Austin. You got this. You look great." He could tell that Austin wanted to argue but he took a deep breath, and took one last quick check in the mirror. Then the son of Apollo smiled, "Let's do this."

Will grinned, hit record and gave his brother the thumbs up from behind the camera.

Austin smiled into the camera, as he talked Will zoned out. This was the most boring part of the video. Everyone was going to skip it anyway. Then Austin picked up his saxophone, he put the reed to his lips and began to play. 

The music was mesmerizing. The notes blended together and they told a story.
As Austin played Wills mind wandered.

Then his thoughts weren't his own, he was plunged into memories that he had never experienced. Moments flashed before his eyes. Just like in the dreams it was from someone else's perspective. He saw Harper sleeping in her cabin while Luke sat on the floor, leaning against her bed, writing in a book. He saw Blake yelling at Luke. He saw Harper in the attic of the big house, her hands shaking as she read something. In the vision she turned to him and said "Why would he write that?" She put the book down and looked at the old skeleton of the oracle in the corner, "I thought you were supposed to give the prophecy's, not me."

Then Austin's song came to an end and Will blinked and hit the record button once more, ending the video. He was back in the Apollo cabin, standing behind Austin's camera. No wait, he wasn't standing, he was falling. Wait no, he was lying on the floor, his legs must have given out from under him. Austin rushed over to him, and knelt by his side, "Will, what's wrong?"

Will forced his eyes to stay open, "It's all good." He muttered, then his eyes rolled back in his head and he passed out.

* * *

He woke up in his bed, he sat up and found the son of Hades sitting on the ground, leaning against his bed, just like Luke had years before.

Nico looked up at him and gave him a crooked grin, "Morning sleepy head." Will smiled, "What happened?" The son of Hades put his book down, stood up and stretched, then he turned to face Will, "Austin said you passed out after helping him recording his thingy. I came as fast as I could. What happened?"

Will shrugged, "I had a vision, no biggie." Nico raised an eyebrow and Will almost fainted again, the look Nico had just given him was meant to be serious and scrutinizing, but Will found it beyond adorable. Nico pushed him gently, "Hey, Solace. Are you listening to me?"

Will blinked, "No sorry." Nico sighed and took his hand, "Take it easy for the rest of the day." The son of Hades squeezed his hand and Will kissed the top of his head, "Whatever you say, Death boy."

Nico scowled at him, "I'd hit you but you literally just passed out."

* * *

After dinner he walked across camp, deep in thought. Will had stumbled through the rest of his day, barely aware of the world around him. He had thought about what he had seen and what it could possibly mean.

He walked up the steps of the big house and walked inside. A few campers stood around the ping pong table, Calynn waved at him from across the room. He waved back and continued walking. He made it to Chirons office, the centaur sat inside, he looked up at Will and smiled, "Austin is just in the back."

Will nodded and made his way back, he opened the door and found his brother sitting at the computer, editing his video. Austin looked up, "Oh, hey Will. I'm not done yet. Could you come by later?"

Will nodded, "Yeah, of course."

Austin shot him a smile, "Thanks."

Will walked out of Chirons office and was about to leave when he realized something. Then he turned and made his way to the attic.

He climbed up to the attic, it was dusty and smelt suspiciously of dead oracle breath, even though that particular oracle was long gone. Will scanned the shelves, his eyes lingering on different items, left by demigods.

Will reached for a picture frame, the glass was cracked but the photo inside looked in good condition. In the photo, a girl with glasses had long black hair, blue eyes and a light complexion. Next to her, another girl stood, slightly shorter. She had a bob of curly strawberry blonde hair, her hazel eyes seemed to sparkle. The two girls smiled at the camera, their arms around each other.

Will turned the frame over, written on the back was a note, so faded he couldn't read it. Will put the frame back.

A few steps away from the photograph Will spotted a small pile of trinkets that sat along side a thin journal, the same one from his vision, the one Harper had been reading.

He reached for the journal and flipped it open, The journal of Luke Castellan was written in neat letters. He flipped through, then stopped. The page was titled, things Harper said. Will scanned the page, fragments of what seemed to be a prophecy, or more than one, where written in dark ink.

the one who lost their way
returns home again
the beast sleeps, alive and well
screams unleash hell
broken mind
tortured soul
unknown cure
story left untold

Around this Luke had apparently tried to decipher what Harper had meant. Will tucked the book into his pocket and continued his search.

waiT!?! hold up....... is this..... actual content?!?! impressive.
hi i'm back and i'll try to actually update but i probably won't sorry
also you probably noticed i changed my username, don't worry it's still me :)