Chapter 48

~ Nico ~

Nico wanted to leave, but at the same time he didn't. He and Will stood outside the door to Shelby's room, it was closed and inside Ayla and Shelby where inside, talking. They had been for quite a while now.

Last night Will had been worried that a vist would upset Shelby, now that seemed like a stupid thought. Will smiled at him, "They're laughing." He said, beaming. "They're saying more than three words at a time." He surged forward and wrapped Nico in a hug, "You're brilliant, Neeks." Will kissed the top of his head.

Nico could almost feel himself melting, "Yup."

"Are you about to blush?" Will questioned.

Nico shook his head, "Never."

Will took his hand, "I'll find a way."

Nico just rolled his eyes, "I doubt it.... But they were waisting away, their life needed purpose. And now they have one." Nico said simply.

Will nodded, "Yeah." He squeezed Nico's hand, "Thanks."

Nico grinned, "You should listen to me more often Solace."

Will shrugged, "Maybe." He walked over and sat down, patting the seat next to him. Nico sat down and looked over at the son of Apollo, "I've been thinking..."

"What?"

"We should go on an actual date."

Will tilted his head, "We've been on dates."

"Yeah, but those are at camp. We should go..." He paused to think and took Wills hand, "to the movies or something."

"The movies?"

"Yeah. Or go out for dinner, or the beach."

Will nodded, "Thatd be fun."

"We should also go home for christmas." Nico blurted.

"We?" Will asked.

"Um... If that's okay with you. I mean I don't have to go, I'd like to but no pressure." Nico was tripping over his words now, "I mean..."

Will leaned forward and kissed him quickly, "I'd love that, di Angelo."

Just then the door to Shelby's room opened and Ayla walked out beaming.

"How did it go?" Will asked, standing up quickly.

Aylas smile said it all, "Amazing. Can I come back tomorrow?"

Will nodded and headed in.

Ayla smiled at Nico, "Thank you." Then she walked off and Nico followed Will.

Will stood beside Shelby, who was asleep. "That was a lot for them, they just passed out." The son of Apollo explained.

* the next day *

Nico smiled up at his boyfriend. Will beamed down at him, eyes gleaming. They where in the office in the infirmary while Ayla visited Shelby.

"Are you sure about this?"

Nico nodded, "Absolutely."

Wills smile grew. "I just want you to know," From his bed, the son of Apollo put his arms around Nico's neck and pulled him closer, "You're beautiful."

Nico blinked, "What?"

"You're beautiful." Will repeated, "Now, let's get started, shall we?" He picked up his pencil, then hesitated. "Archemeaies?" Will asked incredulously.

Nico nodded absently. He just sat there for a moment, trying to register what Will had just said.

Will looked over at him a smirked, "You're about to blush." He warned playfully.

Nico straitened, "I am not."

"Oh yeah?" Will asked, walking his fingers up Nico's arm. "I could have sworn..."

Nico shot him a look, "Will, come on."

The son of Apollo laughed and rolled over onto his back, holding the paper above him. Nico had only read about a sentence in his book when Will asked, "What's a six letter word that means a great lack of intelligence or common sense?"

Nico thought for a moment, "Does Will Solace fit?"

"Six letters Neeks, that's ten."

"William?" Nico suggested.

"That's seven, dumb ass."

"Just take away an L."

His boyfriend laughed, "That's not how it works. Now can you actually help me? I want to solve it."

Nico closed his book, "Will, if you can't answer it yourself, why in hades are you doing it?"

"Its for fun." Will said playfully, then the pencil fell out of his hand, hit his nose and rolled to the floor by Nico's feet. Nico let out a laugh, "Gods, you're such a dork."

"It's not funny!"

"Yeah, it was." Nico said, picking up the pencil and plucking the paper from Wills hands. He set it on his book and began reading the clues. "If you wanted my help, you could have just asked, Solace."

Will wrapped his arms around Nico's neck and placing his chin on Nico's shoulder. "Thanks sunshine." He planted a kiss on Nico's cheek, "I love you."

"Will."

"Mhm?"

"Cut it out."

"What?"

"Stop trying to make me blush... it's stupid."

"Its not stupid." Will protested. "It's fun."

"No, the six letter word." Nico corrected, turning to face the son of Apollo, "Three down, is stupid. But your little game is too, now that you mention it."

Nico leaned forward, "On the other hand, I get why it's fun." He whispered into Wills ear, which promptly turned pink.

"It's not fun when you don't blush." Will pouted.

Nico rolled his eyes, "You're impossible." He said simply, leaning in until his lips met Wills.

ooof i'm sorry for not updating like four days agoooo. at least it was only four days, not like four months :/