Chapter 17

~ Will ~

When he woke up Felix was gone. So was Nico.

He didn't know who he should be worried about more. His boyfriend or a patient that was might potentially be going crazy.

He decided to find Felix first. And that meant finding Sybil. Which he didn't want to do. But he did anyway.

He found her on the dock. Alone, staring at the water. She didn't look up as he approached her, yet he was still wary. Sybil wasn't one to mess with, ever.

"Hey Sybil, can I talk to you?"

She nodded, "Sit."

He crouched next to her, "You alright?"

She shrugged, "In a sense. I mean I'm still alive, aren't I."

"I sure hope so."

She continued to stare at her reflection, "I'll try to stay that way."

He sat down, "Good. So... um..."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"You know how people are scared of me?"

He nodded silently.

"I don't want to be seen a fear inducing. I just try to hide my fear. My pain. My thoughts. My love. Everything. I just hate this."

"What?"

She looked over, "Being."

"What do you mean?"

"Not being able." She sighed, "Not being able to solve all the problems, not being able to save all the people, not being able to protect those who need, not being able to know."

"Sometimes knowing makes it worse." Will offered.

"But knowing the problem makes it easier to solve. Ignorance isn't always bliss."

"I don't know that it ever helped anyone."

She looked up at him with her big blue eyes, brushing her hair back from her face, "Yeah. So, how's Felix doing?"

"Oh yeah... um... He's missing..."

"What?" Sybil snapped, "What do you mean he's gone?"

"Well I woke up and he was, just, gone. So was Nico and-"

"You what?"

"I woke up."

She sent her icy glare his way, "And why were you asleep?"

"Humans need sleep."

Sybil growled, "AND NOW MY BROTHER IS GONE?"

Will backed away slowly, "Um... yeah."

Sybil stood up, put her hands on her hips and laughed, "Gods, Will. You are so gullible. Nico probably took him for a walk. Being under the stars always calms him down."

"So... you aren't mad at me?"

"No you dolt." She hit him on the back of the head as she walked past, "I mean I was until I saw who was standing behind you." Sybil smirked at him as she walked past and grabbed her brother's hand, "Come, child. Let us find the centaur, we will tell him you're okay." Felix waved to Nico as his older sister dragged him away.

Will stood there stunned as Nico approached him, "Why did you do that?"

"Will, common, chill out."

"No!"

"It's pointless to argue about this it's over now!"

"Well it's still a problem."

Nico sighed, "Will, he woke up. It's not my fault. I even asked him not to go insane while I was with him."

"You don't just ask someone that. Gods, you're insensitive!"

"Says the one who pretends to be happy all the time."

"Maybe I am happy all the time." He countered.

"Will, that's practically impossible."

"It is not."

"Why are you so worked up anyway?"

"I didn't know where you where."

"I'm a person, Will. I don't belong to you."

"I know that. I wasn't worried about you."

"You just said you were." Nico snapped.

"I was more concerned about Felix."

"Jee thanks."

"Nico, that's not what I meant."

"Oh yeah," Nico said, raising his eyebrows, "It sure sounded like it."

"You know what I meant!"

"Do I really?"

"Yes."

"Well that's nice."

"I hate you." He grumbled.

"Will, I had it under control. It's not like I let him run wild or anything."

"Nico, you can't just let patients run off!"

"I didn't."

Will sighed, "Well, it's over now. The argument is pointless."

"That's what I said ten minutes ago." Nico glared at him.

"You did?"

"Yes."

"Oh. I must have missed it."

Nico put his hand on Will's chest, "Go to Hades." He said, before pushing him into the icy water.

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! um... yeah.... as you may have noticed my inspiration has been a little dead for a while. so updates have been super slow. i know, i know, it annoys me even more that it annoys you. i'll be back at some point but for now don't expect too many updates. i love this story so much and i hope i can continue it!
if ya want you can leave a comment and tell me some stuff you wanna see in this book. i have an overall idea of what i want but i'm struggling with the in between stuff. basically this is a plea for help. helppppppppppp.
if you do leave an idea that i like and/or enjoy, and i end up using it... the chapter would be dedicated to you! (hooray?)
hopefully this no writing thing wears off soon!
love ya,
Rose