Chapter 30

~ Nico ~

The three of them arrived at the infirmary just as the dinner began. Nico studied his boyfriend, "You should go eat Will, you've had a long day."

Will shook his head, "No I'm fine Neeks."

Nico crossed his arms, "I don't believe that, so get lost. I'll take care of him." He gestured to Hugo, who was sitting patiently in a chair, waiting to go see his sleeping sister. "You can come back once you've gotten at least six hours of sleep."

"Fine death boy. I'm trusting you." Will sighed, kissed Nico's cheek and walked away.

Once Will left Nico let Hugo sit next to his sister and he waited outside. For a long time there was nothing but the sound of the boys voice telling his sleeping sister about what he'd done today. But then he heard a bed creek and he peeked in the room, Hugo hugged Monica and smiled. "You're okay!"

She laughed, "Of course I am, Hue. Now, let's get out of here." She swung her feet out of bed and began to gather her things in a bag, she also gathered things that were not her things but Nico didn't really care.

"Get out of here?" Hugo asked softly.

"Yeah, we're not staying."

"Why not? They said we'd be safe here!"

"We're never safe, you know that." She scolded as she grabbed some ambrosia and nectar and shoved them in her bag, "It may seem comfortable, but its not. Not for long."

"They saved you, Moni. They saved our lives!"

She turned on her brother, "So. Did. He." She snapped, each word was firm and final. Her face made it clear that the decision had obviously already been made it was just a matter of if Hugo would go with her willingly or if she would drag by the arm.

Nico decided that unless he wanted to get killed by his boyfriend he should intervene. He pushed the door open to find Monica starting to climb out of the window. "Where are you going?" He asked, it was meant to be strict but it came out like a question.

"Away." She said, glaring at Nico, "And we're not coming back. Ever."

"Why?"

"We're not safe here." Monica snarled

"But you'll be safe here."

"No." Monica shook her head. "We won't be."

"I thought that too."

"You don't get it." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I'm not putting more people in danger. I am not going to be responsible for more deaths."

He knew he couldn't change her mind, he sighed, "Okay, fine let me take you where you need to go." Nico said, "If you won't stay here, I'll take you to wherever you will stay, from there you can go where you want."

Monica glared at him, "I'm not going anywhere with you."

Hugo stood up, "I'll go if he takes us." His sister looked surprised, "You will?" Hugo nodded. "Then let's go." Nico said as he picked up a bag and began to fill it alongside Monica.

* * *

Nico watched the two demigods go, hoping against hope that they might survive out there on their own. Then he turned into the shadows and melted away. Moments later, Nico found himself in the infirmary, he stumbled into a chair and fell asleep.

* * *

He woke up in Will's arms. His boyfriend was glaring at him, "Why did you do that?"

Nico blinked, "Do what?"

"You fell asleep on the job and now they're gone."

"I didn't fall asleep, I must have passed out after taking them to California."

"You... took them to California?"

Nico nodded, "Yeah, I just shadow traveled them there, it's no big deal." The moment the words the left him mouth he realised that it was in fact a big deal. Will let go of him, pushed Nico away and stood up, "It was a big deal, you idiot. You can't just take campers where they want to go, whenever you want."

"Monica refused to listen to reason, I tried my best."

Will cursed under his breath, "I knew I shouldn't have trusted you Nico."

Nico blinked, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Instead of answering, Will turned on his heel and walked out.

oof dRaMa is happening my dudes
also be proud i said i would try to update soon and i actually did!! instead of having to wait 3 months you only had to wait three days!!