Chapter 45

~ Nico ~

"I don't know what happened." Shelby admitted. "It's like... the whole time has been whipped from my memory."

"I know how you feel."

Shelby looked at him sceptically, "Really?"

Nico nodded, "Yeah. My memory was whipped... It's a long story but I got it back eventually."

"I wish I had someone who could tell me what happened."

Then they were both quiet, but the gears in Nico's head began to turn. Maybe you do. He thought as he remembered the months of careful words. He remembered how long it had taken to gain their trust. Their understanding.

He remembered the first time he set eyes on Jason Grace, his bright blue eyes, perfect blonde hair, the son of Jupiter, pretor of new rome.

He remembered his first words with Reyna, how her eyes had narrowed, her fists had clenched and her jaw tightened.

He remembered the disgusting augar the slime ball Octavian, how his words could change a crowds mind.

He remembered Gwen too, one of the only people who had been kind to him, who hadn't jumped or been startled when he spoke up suddenly.

He remembered camp jupiter.
He remembered his home and suddenly he wanted more than ever to go back.

* * *

Nico set down his bag, he had already packed to go to camp Jupiter. Even if Will said he couldn't, he didn't care. Shelby needed someone to connect to, someone who understood.

He looked down at the son of Apollo, he looked so peaceful. His blonde hair messy, a spray of freckles across his face. Nico smiled to himself. He was so lucky to have someone like Will in his life, someone who made sure he was well rested, who made sure he ate. He kissed the son of Apollo gently on the forehead and Wills eyes opened slowly. "Morning Cutie."

* * *

Nico melted into the shadows, his mind still a mess from what had just happened. Cecil had walked in on their make out session, awkward.

He tried to push the thought out of his mind as he concentrated.

He opened his eyes and found himself beside the little tiber. He took a step forward and his head spun, spots danced in his vision. styx. Maybe he wasn't ready to do this again. Nico shoved a square of ambrosia into his mouth. He had a job to do he couldn't just pass out.

A few guards jumped when he walked out of the shadows, but he paid them no attention. They knew who he was and they would let him pass.

He walked into the camp and found that it was mostly empty. Sounds of shouts and laughs came from a building on his left. He made his way over.

Legionaries walked past him as if he didn't even exist, that was fine by him. The less he was seen the better. Nico just waited in the shadows, looking for the daughter of darkness.

Eventually he spotted her, "Ayla." He called.

She looked over, a look of surprise crossed over her face. She hesitated, then walked over to him. "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

Ayla raised an eyebrow at him, "You better be quick, di Angelo. I'm not missing movie night for you."

Nico took a deep breath, "Would you miss movie night for Shelby?" He asked.

"Pardon?"

"Would you-"

"Did you say Shelby?" The daughter of darkness demanded. She grabbed his arm, her grip was like iron.

"Shelby's back. They just appeared... and..."

"Are you joking?"

"Why would I joke about this?"

"I need to see them." Ayla said, "Take me to them." She demanded.

"We should tell Reyna or Frank or..." His voice trailed off as she twisted his arm, "Now." She growled. He nodded and together they stepped into the shadows.

is this... another update?!?!