Chapter 33

~ Will ~

He sat outside the door, breathing hard. He hadn't just done that. He hadn't just said that. He hated himself. He really did. He hadn't meant it. He stood up and made his way to his cabin.

* * *

He watched Nico sit down, alone, at the Hades table. He felt his stomach drop. He looked away from Nico and down at him food. "Will... are you okay?" Kayla asked. He nodded and stuffed a forkful of potatoes into his mouth. Kayla raised an eyebrow, "Why isn't Nico sitting with us?" She asked. He hesitated, "I dunno."

His sister started to stand up, "Well, if everything is okay, I'll go get him." She said slyly.

He grabbed her arm and forced her back down, "Don't, you'll make things even worse than they already are." He hissed.

Kayla rolled her eyes, "Just go talk to him." She said, solving her eggs into her mouth, "Before I do."

She was right, he was being stupid. He couldn't avoid Nico forever. He finished his food and stood up, he walked over to Nico, thinking over what he would say in his mind. "Hey, Nico..." His voiced died when the son of Hades stood up and walked away.

* * *

He found Nico at his sister's grave. The son of Hades hadn't noticed him yet, but he was close enough to hear what Nico was saying. "What am I supposed to do?" Nico asked.

For a moment nothing happened, then Nico looked around, "Who said that?" he asked. Then, as if being guided by something, Nico stood and walked into the woods.

The moment Nico stepped into the forest, Will panicked. "Nico!" He yelled. The son of Hades ignored him. Will started to run after him, he grabbed Nico's wrist but he pulled away.

"Nico, what are you doing?" Will demanded.

Nico kept walking.

Will caught up to him again, "Snap out of it di Angelo."

Nico didn't respond.

Will slapped him.

Nico tensed and turned to him, a strange light in his eyes, "I need to go. I have to find him."

Will grabbed his arm and held him there, "Who?" He demanded.

"Will." Nico said with a strangled gasp.

Will wrapped his arms around the son of Hades, "I'm here, sunshine, I'm here."

Nico tried to push him away, what had he expected. "Nico, I'm sorry."

Nico ignored him and hissed, "Let go of me."

Will shook his head, "No. I need you to listen, it's okay if you're mad. But just listen."

Nico tried to pull away, but Will didn't let him go. After a moment of struggling Nico whent still. Will looked down and realized that Nico had passed out in his arms. He kissed his forehead and then picked the son of Hades up in a fireman's carry and took him out of the woods.

* * *

The moment Nico's eyes opened, Will was there. "I... I didn't mean it."

Nico whirled around, "Well then what did you mean Solace?"

Will looked at Nico, "I don't know." he said helplessly.

Nico glared at him, "You can't just do that Will, you can't just play with people's emotions like that."

"I know and I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking."

Nico looked away and crossed his arms.

"Right after I turned around and tried to go back but I couldn't. I tried to talk to you at dinner but you ran away. And if I hadn't followed you into the forest, you might be dead."

"Oh so you can break up with me and then follow me, bring me into your bed and just pretend everything's fine?"

Will look a step forward, "Nico... I... didn't..."

Nico glared at him, "Leave me alone." He spat, before slamming the door of the Apollo cabin behind him.

* * *

Will sat on his bed, staring at the wall. He hated feeling like this. He sat like this for a while, wishing he hadn't ruined everything. Then he stood up and went to find Nico. He found him in his cabin, he knocked.

"Go away." Nico snarled.

He walked over to him, "Nico, can we talk?" Will said, sitting down next to him.

"No, surprisingly enough." Nico grumbled.

"You know," Will started, "I didn't mean it like that, I was just frustrated and... I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't know what to say because I was such a dick. I wasn't thinking and you just keep putting yourself in danger and you don't listen to me and I care about you so much. I just thought... that if I wasn't there you wouldn't do stupid things. But that was..." His voice trailed off as Nico sat up.

"I should be pissed at you right now." Nico said, "But I'm not."

"You're not?" Will asked.

"No. Because for some strange reason I still love your dumb ass as much as I hate it." Will melted. "I've just had the worst twelve hours of my life because of you." Nico complained. Will nodded, "I have too." Nico raised an eyebrow, "Because of me you've had the worst twelve hours of your life?"

Will shook his head, "No, because of me. I was stupid."

"You really were." He turned to Will, "I'm glad its over." He said as he leaned in and planted a kiss on Will's cheek. He pulled away and Will could feel his cheeks going red, "So... we're okay?" he asked.

Nico glared at him, "No we're not Will, at least you're not."

"Am I ever okay though?"

"Fair point."

Then they just sat there, in silence, together. Eventually Will turned to Nico, "I'm sorry."

"I know." Nico grumbled, leaning into his boyfriend. "Next time don't-"

Will cut him off, "There won't be a next time, di Angelo. I promise." Nico smiled into Will's shirt.

The son of Apollo cleared his throat, "So... you took them to California."

Nico nodded, "Yeah, they wanted to leave so I took them where they needed to go, it was the best I could do. I have them supplies and proper weapons. I figured they would be better off with a little help rather then trying to sneak out of camp and get killed right away. I should have gotten you, I'm sorry."

Will hugged him, "You did the right thing, but you..." his voice broke, "You have to stop shadow traveling as much. It's going to kill you one of these days." Will said it with a half hearted smile, but Nico knew how concerned he was. "You keep putting yourself in danger, and I've seen you so close to the edge. Nico, I want you alive... I need you alive."

okay so i know this chapter is the exact same as the last two but you know what its better than nothing