Chapter 38

~ Nico ~

"Is Will okay?" Nico asked, after a moment of silence.

Kayla shrugged, "He will be. He gets like this sometimes."

Nico sighed, "I wish he'd tell me what's wrong."

"To be honest, I doubt he knows."

Nico shook his head, "I hate how that makes sense." Kayla laughed, "I know right."

"Can I ask you something?"

Kayla nodded, "Go wild."

"So... who was Harper?" Kayla smiled sadly, "I never knew her but I heard she was..." her voice trailed off, as if she was looking for the right word, "Incredible."

"Seems about right. But what I meant is, do you know her story? What happened?"

"Oh, yeah. Everyone know what happened... Well everyone except you apparently."

Nico grunted and stood. "Let's go for a walk, you can tell me everything."

* * *

"She came the year before Annabeth and Luke. Harper wasn't able to give prophesies or anything but she had gut feelings and she could, occasionally look into someone's life. It's hard to explain."

Nico nodded, "It's hard to understand."

"You've heard about Luke's quest right?" "Not really." Nico admitted, "This is my first year actually being here."

Kayla nodded, "Basically Harper led a quest for a golden apple, her best friend Shelby, who you know a bit about, and Luke went with her. I don't know much but I do know that when they came back Luke was different. He was mad at the gods."

"I know that part, the whole titan war and stuff."

"This is before the titan war, before Percy came." "Right." "Luke didn't like how Harper just trusted the gods, he tried to get her to come to his side. She did everything in her power to stop him, but it wasn't enough. She knew he would go through with his plans and she had accepted that. But no one else had. She died trying to stop Luke, knowing her efforts were pointless."

"She died a hero." Nico said simply.

Kayla nodded, "After that, well... everyone was effected. Will cried himself to sleep for almost six weeks, Harper had been his favourite. She was everyone's favourite."

"What happened to Shelby?" Nico asked.

"They disappeared after Harpers death, some people think they went to the other side, but whatever they did doesn't matter, they're dead now."

"Are you sure?" Nico asked. "I'm pretty sure." Nico was about to press further when the dinner bell rang, the two friends stood up and made their way to the pavilion.

* * *

Nico stood in front of a computer with Austin, Kayla, Katie and Travis. Austin smiled, "Is everyone ready?" They all nodded, then the door opened and Will walked in, he slipped in beside Nico and took his hand. "Sorry I'm late." Will said smiling. "It's fine," Austin said. "Now check this out." He hit play.

Once the song was over they all just stood there, speechless. Travis was the first to speak up, "Austin that's amazing!"

"It really is, no wonder Will passed out." Nico poked his boyfriend in the ribs and Will rolled his eyes.

wowowowow another update?!??!?
sorry this chapter is kinda short :/
don't forget to comment if you liked it, vote if you want and share if you feel the need too!!