Chapter 37

~ Nico ~

Nico sat next to the son of Apollo, he looked over at the boys sandy hair and resisted the urge to wake him up. Will needed the rest.

After a while, Will sat up and found the son of Hades sitting on the ground, leaning against his bed. Nico looked up at him and gave him a crooked grin, "Morning sleepy head." Will smiled, "What happened?" The son of Hades put his book down, stood up and stretched, then he turned to face Will, "Austin said you passed out after helping him recording his thingy. I came as fast as I could. What happened?"

Will shrugged, "I had a vision, no biggie." Nico raised an eyebrow, "And you're telling that I need to take care of myself?" Nico realized that Will was staring at him, not really listening. He pushed him gently, "Hey, Solace. Are you listening to me?"

Will blinked, "No sorry." Nico sighed and took his hand, "Take it easy for the rest of the day." The son of Hades squeezed his hand and Will kissed the top of his head, "Whatever you say, Death boy."

Nico scowled at him, "I'd hit you but you literally just passed out."

"You already hit me."

"Did not." Nico retorted, "I gently pushed you because you were staring at me."

"In my defence, you looked cute." Will said simply, making Nico feel like he was going to melt. Will smiled at him. "What?" Nico demanded.

"Gods you're adorable." Will ran a hand through his hair and Nico couldn't resist, he went on tip toes and planted a quick kiss on Will's mouth. "And you're a dork." Nico told him, looking up into his boyfriends blue eyes, admiring his ability to make Will blush.

Will blinked and then cleared his throat, "So um... Nice weather, hun?"

Nico looked up at the grey sky and laughed.

* * *

That afternoon, Nico accompanied Will to the training arena. They walked in to find Kayla, she was pacing in front of a rack of bows. She turned and smiled at them, "Hey guys."

Will smiled at her, then walked over and started sorting arrows. Kayla gave her brother a look, then turned her attention to Nico, "What's up?" Nico said as he sat down on a bench. She shrugged, "Do you really want to know or are you asking to be polite?" Nico blinked, her tone had a hint of bitterness to it. Kayla looked up at him, "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." She took a seat next to him and sighed, "I'm leaving next week."

"What? Why?"

"My dad just got engaged." Kayla said reluctantly.

"Congrats." Nico said as Will walked over, "You are coming back, right?" Kayla nodded as the son of Apollo sat down on the floor, between Nico's legs. Before he realized what he was doing Nico started playing with Wills hair.

Kayla shrugged, "I never met his fiancé before and he didn't even know I existed until last month."

"He?"

For the briefest moments she looked defensive, then seemed to realize who she was talking to. "Yup, my dad met him at some olympic training thing."

"Her dad used to be a canadian gold medallist, Darren Knowles. Now he's a coach." Will explained.

"My dad is an olympic archery trainer. He doesn't know about my father, I mean Apollo. He doesn't really know me." Nico has never heard so many words come out of Kayla mouth, she wasn't quiet but she also wasn't exactly the kind of person who would just talk about her personal life.

Kayla looked up at him, "Sorry this is probably boring, or depressing. Seeing as you don't have a..." Her voice trailed off, as she realized what she had just said. "Gods, Nico. I'm so sorry."

He forced a laugh, "It's okay. You obviously need to talk. Don't worry about it."

Kayla looked doubtful but continued regardless, "My dad thinks I'm at private school, it's the only school I've actually stayed in for more than a year.... Not that it actually counts as a school. He actually provides a fair amount of money to the camp to help with strawberry sales and such..." She looked down at Will, who was staring off into space, a strange look in his eyes. "Will," Nico asked gently, " Are you okay?" Will blinked and then nodded, "I'm fine." The son of Apollo rose and turned, "I'll see you two at dinner." He kissed Nico's cheek and left.

"He seems different." Kayla remarked as soon as Will had left.

waitttt another update?!?!???
i know it's crazy!!
alsoooo because of my longggg absence i lost quite the number of readers (tbh i totally deserve that for the cliffhanger i let you guys on sorry) they probably will return at some point, but in the mean time i would really appreciate all the love and support this book can get, so comment if you liked it, vote if you want and share if you feel the need too!!