Chapter 10

~ Will ~

Nico leaned against him, his eyes closed and his chest rising and falling. A blanket was draped over them. Will had the feeling that his boyfriend was asleep, but he didn't want to wake him up, he looked so content, snoring away.

His mind took him to the last time that he'd been here with the son of Hades. He'd been about to ask Nico out when he'd agreed. Then he'd fallen asleep. Only to revisit a past that was to painful to speak of.

And the last words she spoke to him, I don't want to be one of your ghosts, those words had propelled him through life. He had survived so much because she had said that. He couldn't make her death meaningless, he had to make it mean something, something important. Something worthy of the life she had lived.

Stared at the rock at the edge of the woods, the same one he'd apologized to. He lay down and as soon as he closed his eyes he was plunged into memories.

*

Nico knelt and examined the stone, "She was your sister."

The black haired boy looked up at him, "Look Will, I know death is is a hard thing to get over. But you have to learn from the experience, if you force everything, and everyone away..." Nico's voice sounded sad, reminiscent and Will realized that the son of Hades could have been talking about himself.

"If you try to run away... well hurt, anger, and pity, they can all run faster. They will catch up. And when they do..." His voice trailed off and he looked up at Will, "What I'm trying to say is that you can push away the feelings, let them come. Let your voice be heard. And make her death mean something. Live your life for her. Let what she said make a difference to you."

"I did. I made my life revolve around her last words. But it still hurts."

Nico smiled, not a creepy smile, but the kind of smile he must have had when he had been a child, a smile that he'd lost over the years and now he was reclaiming it, "That just means you love her." He put out his arms and Will was to stunned to move. "Will." Nico said flatly, "You do now this might be one of the only times I offer a hug."

Will nodded, still not moving. So Nico stepped forward and wrapped his arms around him.

When he let go, he wasn't with Nico anymore. She stood beside him, smiling down. "Will, you be good while I'm gone okay."

"You got it!"

"Great." She smiled and pulled him into a hug. "I love you Will, I'll be back."

*

He woke up next to Nico, they were still under the blanket, under the stars. Nico was staring at him, "You alright?"

Will took a moment to gather himself, "Uh... yeah."

"Liar." Nico said, sitting up.

Will forced a smile, "I just had a bad dream."

Nico nodded, "I get those too."

Will shot him a look, "Thanks."

Nico leaned against him, "Tell me about it."

Will cleared his throat, "Okay... well you were in it-"

"Then how could it be bad?" Nico interrupted.

Will groaned and explained his dreams.

* * *

He couldn't focus, as he re warped the bandage around a kids arm. Her words echoed in his head as if she'd just said them. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll be back.

"Will!" A voice said, sounding worried. He looked up to see Austin and Kayla standing beside the girl, he let go of the bandage and Austin took it off of her.

"What is wrong with you today?" Kayla asked.

Will shrugged.

"Well go get some rest, you don't look to good."

Will shook his head, "Guys I'm fine."

"No, you're not." Austin said, "You put on the bandage way to tight. The Will I know would never do that."

"Oh, sorry." He said to the camper.

The girl on the bed looked up at him, "It's okay! It was cool to see my hand turn blue!"

Austin raised an eyebrow like, see what I mean. And Will gave up, "Okay... well get better..." He said as he walked out of the room.

* * *

He headed to her grave, he didn't really need rest. He knew that much, the thing he needed was peace of mind.

As he approached the edge of the forest, he saw a figure kneeling on the ground, right where Will was going. He stopped a few feet away and waited, the person turned and waved at him.
"Hey Will." Nico beckoned him forward, "I figured you would need some company."

Will blinked, "Thanks, I wasn't expecting that."

Nico shrugged, "Well, after what you said that I said last night, I realized something."

"What."

Nico took a step forward, "I love you, Solace."

Will froze, Nico was being completely serious. He wasn't waiting for Will to say, I hate you too, back. He was just stating the truth. Will had said I love you before, but it had always been followed by a snarky comment from Nico. And on top of that he hadn't really meant it. He loved Nico yes, but it had always been a bit of a joke and Nico had understood that.

"Pardon?" Will managed.

Nico stood before him, in his black band t-shirt, his dark jeans, his boots. His eyes sparkled in a way they hadn't before. "I love you, Solace. And I won't need to come back, because I'll always be here." He wrapped Will in a hug, then pulled back. "Will?"

"Yes."

"Whenever I'm a good boyfriend and I'm all sweet and caring you're always way to stunned to reply."

Will nodded, trying to process what the son of Hades had said. I love you, Solace. And I won't need to come back, because I'll always be here. "Sorry." Will managed, but in his mind he told Nico how much what he had said meant to him, he'd used almost the same words she had told him years ago. I'll be back.

Nico raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

Will nodded, "Yeah." Then he leaned forward and kissed Nico. When they broke apart, the son of Hades was grinning like a child. "I love you too, death boy."

Nico rolled his eyes as Will took his hand, "You just had to ruin the moment. Didn't you?"

"Yeah." Will said, smiling.