Chapter 27

~ Will ~

Will sighed and put his head on Nico's shoulder, "And that's it." Nico looked down at him, "It's not your fault she died."

Will noded, ignoring Nico. The son of Hades tried putting an arm around him but Will shrugged him off. He lay down on the couch and closed his eyes. He didn't know why, but all of a sudden it felt so real. Her death was no longer a secret. He felt like he was back in front of her, frozen with fear. All his memories came back in a wave and pulled him down, under the water. The current tugged at him and he couldn't breath. He opened his eyes to find himself in a memory.

She stood next to him on half blood hill, "Welcome home." Then she laughed as he picked up the bow for the first time, "You don't hold it like that silly." He saw her grow older in front of him, as time passed he saw her singing at the campfire, playing capture the flag. Going on a quest. He saw her go into the woods, and he saw her crawl out, bloody and dying. He saw it all in an instant. He blinked and the scene faded away and he found himself in yet another memory, but one much more recent.

He was standing beside a fading Nico di Angelo. He was reliving this, the exact same as before. He brushed a peice of hair from Nico's face.

The son of Hades looked so peaceful, so angelic. Or rather, he would have if he wasn't dying.

Nico's skin was almost tinged dark blue. He has this aura around him, this dark, horrible aura. But the thing that most worried Will was, in fact, the darkness. There was a darkness inside of Nico di Angelo. And that darkness wanted to get out. But if it got out it would kill him.

He took a deep breath. He didn't know what he was doing but he knew one thing, he had to help, even if he put his life at risk. He put his hand on Nico's forehead and waves and waves of misery washed over him. He was frozen, all of Nico's darkest memories consumed him.

He saw Nico, alone, in the forest of camp half blood. He was angry and scared. Then he was in the maze. Dozens of sences like this, then it stoped. And Will saw the son of Hades, alone, walking down a path in the dark. He was quiet and he stopped just short of the edge of a cliff.

A sort of darkness loomed over him. And then it spoke. "Poor, little Nicholas. All alone in the pit. With no one left to save him."

Nico snarled, "I don't need anyone to save me, I can save myself."

"That is true. But will you? Is it really worth it?"

Nico drew his sword, "You don't scare me."

"How many times have you said that line? And how many times has it been a lie?" The darkness seemed to condense into a figure, but Will could only see the head.

The memory faded and now he was with Jason and Nico. They stood in ruins. "You don't scare me." Nico said roughly.

There was a laugh, "The truth is I scare you, very, very much, Nico di Angelo." A voice said.

Will willed himself to stop. These where Nico's private memories. He had no right to interfere. He pulled his hand away and looked at the son of Hades, so much pain. So well concealed.

He woke up, next to her he very boy he had just dreamed of. Nico had fallen asleep while reading. His book was sill in his hands and his legs were tucked under him.

Will smiled to himself, Nico di Angelo had changed so much. He hadn't only been able to expel the darkness. But he had embraced it.

* * *

Nico slipped his hand into Will's, "Well, we should get going."

Reyna nodded, "Give this to Chiron. It's a message from the senate." She handed Nico a scroll then turned to Will, "It was a pleasure to meet you, son of Apollo."

Will shook her hand and managed a smile, he was still scared of this girl.

Hazel was next, she wrapped her arms around Nico and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll miss you." Nico let go of Will's hand to hug his little sister. "I'll see you soon, I promise."

Will smiled at Hazel and was surprised when she hugged him. "Thanks for helping my brother. You mean the world to him." She muttered these words in his ear. Then she gave them both one last smile and waited for Frank to say his goodbyes.

The son of Mars stood awkwardly for a moment then gave Nico a one armed hug. Then he turned to Will, "Thanks for letting us crash in your house." Frank smiled, "Any time Solace. I'll have those couches reserved for the two of you.

"Thanks." Nico managed a crooked grin. Then Frank wrapped them both in a hug.

ayeeeee guess whos back
yeah its me
wow
yeah okay that 'update more' thing kinda really failed sorry about that
but yeah, idk when i'll update again but i hope you like this chapter

Too LateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara