Chapter 34

~ Will ~

- a week or two later -

He found himself alone, in the woods. The forest he was in looked like the woods at Camp Half Blood, but it didn't look like anywhere he'd ever seen at camp.

He heard the sound of swords clashing and ran towards the sound. It had to be her. It just had to be. She couldn't be gone. He stumbled into the clearing, just in time to see her, standing tall and proud. He had been right, she was alive. "You poisoned their minds!" She cried as she dogged.

"I did what I had to do." A voice said. Will looked around and saw a guy who wore a camp shirt, attacking his sister. "You didn't have to." She protested.

"I don't want to do what the gods want me to do, I don't want to be a hero. I don't want to have a destiny, I don't want to follow fate." He lunged at her with his sword, she blocked him and Will could tell she wasn't trying to hurt him, she was just biding her time, wearing him down until help arrived.

"No huge actions can affect destiny, only little choices change the way the world moves around us. Little things have a big impact. Maybe you can't change the big picture, but it's the little choices you make that can alter your destiny." She said, taking a step back.

"That's bullshit Harper and you know it." The man scowled and swung his blade, momentarily it made contact with her right arm. She winced and backed up, one hand on her sword and the other on the wound. "What you're doing now will only get you killed, Cal." She warned.

"Are you sure about that?" He lunged forward, but she pairied and pushed him back,

"I can see your future."

"Oh really? The how will I die?"

"Your old dagger, the one Annabeth has now."

The man stopped fighting and stumbled back, "How did you... no one knows that was mine."

Harper took a step forward, and faced him, "You remember that night with the greek fire, I know what he said to you, Luke, he saw this in your future. And all your doing is confirming what he saw."

"How do you..."

"I know everything, everything you have done and everything you will do if you keep doing this."

"You're lying."

She shrugged, "I also know that what you're going to do is going to hurt all the people who I loved. I know I can't change your mind. I know it was useless to come here and try to-" She was cut off, quite literally, by the son of Hermes's. She fell to the ground, her stomach bleeding and looked up at him, "You're going to hurt a lot of people, at least save her. Don't leave him haunted, thinking of all the things he could have done."

"What are you talking about?" He snarled, putting his bloody sword to her chest. When she didn't answer Will wanted to scream. "Tell me." The man yelled. But the daughter of Apollo only closed her eyes and waited for the final hit. It came and she cried out in pain. Will wanted to run, he could save her if there was enough time. But the man stood over her, looking at what he had just done. Then he turned and walked away. Will made a run for it, he nelt next to her and cupped her head in his hands, "Harper."

She looked up at him and smiled, "I had to, I'm sorry."

Will felt the tears streaming down his face, "I can get help."

"There's no time."

"I don't care." He protested, "I only care about you." He hugged her and held her for a long minute and when he pulled away the light in her eyes was gone.
*
Will woke up with tears streaming down his face, he wiped them away and rolled over to find Nico asleep on the floor. The son of Hades had stolen Will's pillow, but that was fine.

Will fought the urge to fall back asleep as his eyes drifted closed once more. He sat up and leaned back, he remembered that morning, when Chiron had walked out of the woods, holding his sisters lifeless body.

yo yo yo, i'm back boys!
so im about to leave for like 5 weeks for camp so like idk sorry? but i'll try to update more while i still can ❤️