Chapter 19

~ Will ~

He walked back to his cabin, alone. That wasn't important. The important thing was that Nico was safe. Will flopped onto his bed and stared at the bunk above him. He'd been arguing with Nico so much lately. It had all been sunshine and rainbows up until now. Because now, his boyfriend was delivering a message to the roman camp who had tried to kill them a few months prior and all other messengers had been killed. And he didn't want that to happen to anyone. Especially Nico di Angelo.

Will closed his eyes, hoping his father would guide him. Apollo always helped in some small way. But not this time. Because Apollo was gone. But he kept his eyes closed hoping sleep would come.

And, eventually, it did.

*

His first dream came in the form of a memory, an old one, he stood with Harper, hand in hand, as they watched the waves crash along the shore. The sky was clear and the sun was bright. She looked down at him, "I have to go soon. But you be good for me, okay?"

He nodded, "Of course. I'll do my best."

She smiled, "I know you will." The last word was a bit louder than the others. He giggled, "You'll come back though. Right, Harper?"

She nodded confidently, "You bet I will." He giggled again.

Will could now tell that she was terrified, but back then, when he was younger, he hadn't been able to tell.

Harper gave him a hug, "I'll see you soon."

"Okay." He said, smiling and wrapping his arms around her.

She let go and turned away, "Will, if I don't come back..." Her voice trailed off, "Never mind."

"What are you saying Harper, you'll come back. You have to."

She nodded as a shout came from across the camp. She looked up and waved, "Will I have to go. Be good." Then she was gone. Running across the field to meet her parteners in crime.

The memory dream faded away, and reappeared, but he was older. This memory was more recent, it had happened about five years ago. Will sat on the rock as Harper walked over, arm around her best friend.

Harper was drop dead gorgeous now, her blue eyes always sparkling. Her smile always dazzling. Her dirty blonde hair had become more of a golden color, it was vibrant and full of life, just like she was. Her hair was straight and perfect, never one peice out of place. But Will wasn't into any of that. And she was also his sister, but people talked. They talked about her. And Harper, she didn't care. She couldn't be bothered by all that nonsense. She didn't care how she looked, she didn't care who liked her, or who hated her. Her only care was to make a difference in the world.

Shelby, on the other hand, was the same as always. They still had the same chocolate brown hair, with those golden highlights. The same angry brown eyes speckled with bits of gold. The same glasses and they were still shorter than everyone else their age. And Shelby was still a little cubby, a fact that they hated. But Will and Harper found cute. Shelby still had the same personality too, unlike some others, after the quest Shelby had come back the same. As if nothing could faze them. Shelby was the same, sarcastic, quick to anger, will punch you in the face if you insult them, still a smart ass. Shelby, was still Shelby. And Harper was still Harper.

Harper smiled at Will, "Good day to you William." She tipped an invisible hat and Will bowed, "Good day to you m'lady." Shelby scoffed and plopped down on the sand, "You guys are weird."

"Isn't it a good thing to be weird?" Will questioned, sitting down on one side of his unclaimed friend. "That's what I thought too." Harper said, sitting down on the other side.

Shelby rolled their eyes, "Shut up."

"Well that's rude." Will said, sharing a smile with his sister.

Shelby glared at him, "Shut it Solace. We came here to talk, not to be idiots."

He wanted to make a sassy remark, but he couldn't. This was Shelby, a half blood who might actually kill him. "Right. What did you want to talk about?"

"Percy Jackson." Harper and Shelby said at the same time.

He blinked, "What about him?"

"Ever since he got here, Luke's been acting strange." Harper said, "Like, weirder than normal."

"Okay..."

"When we went on the quest... he told us some stuff and..." Her voice trailed off and she glanced at Shelby, "Well, he said that we should strike back at the gods. For ignoring us. For telling us what to do. For being responsible for the way things are."

"The gods do ignore us, they send us to do their dirty work. They do all these things and we fix their problems. But that's the way it always has been. The way it always will be." Will said.

"We know that, Will, but Luke doesn't want to believe it. He refuses to. He said he was going to fight back one day."

*

Will sat up in bed, he hated having dreams about his past. They only showed him what he couldn't have back. He sighed and got out of bed. Grabbing a sweater he walked out the door. He didn't understand his dreams connected to what was going on, but he was sure that they did.

"Hey, sun kid!"

He spun, and found Calynn Impirium. "Um... Hey."

"Can't sleep?" She asked.

"That's not the problem."

"Dreams, then." She guessed.

He nodded, falling into step beside her.

She smiled, "Will, Nico told you he was leaving tomorrow to go to camp Jupiter... Right?"

"Yes. I know."

"You sound bitter." Calynn commented.

"Thanks." He said flatly.

"Why not go with him?" The daughter of Hypnos suggested.

"He doesn't want me to. We've been fighting alot and... And... I just don't want me to force anything."

She smiled, "Well, you don't want him to get hurt, right?"

"Right."

"Then go with him to make sure nothing happens."

"He'll probably kill me."

"Not if you do it right."

"And how do I do that?" He asked.

"Come with me, my friend, and you might just find out."

hey, thanks for all the love and support! if you leave a comment saying what you want to see more of that would be great! (totally not running out of ideas.... *sarcasm*)
yeah, so i hope you like it. and if you like Calynn's character, i have a book about her called stargazer.

don't forget to leave a vote (and a follow if you're in the mood) thanks it all means soooo much!

love ya,
Rose