02.06.17 (2)

or when she has the brains to keep her coordination in touch.

for the first time in what seemed like forever, i smiled as i entered the cafeteria after official school hours were over. my sigh of relief was too big for just my set of lungs as i came through the doors to see my fellow cast members. they were stretching and talking and going over some of the choreography.

after getting changed, i joined them. the colorful people around me brought life to the dull school, just as my paintbrush had to my heart for a few hours.

these people that saw things much like i did were colorful, but they all fell under our banner of musical talent. i saw them and wondered if they worried like myself about a world in which they could easily be attacked for their skin, and me for my loyalty to them.

nevertheless, we danced like mad. a charleston here, some paddle-steps there, and always jazz hands. swear beaded on my brow as i thought of nothing but the jazz music that wove into my hair and the choreography which had finally stayed ingrained on my bones.

i did well today. sure, i kicked raquel's hand, but she didn't seem to mind too much. we were all too jubilant and too well-knit together to get mad about a minuscule mistake.

if i could always be with that group of beautiful, talented souls, i would do it. i would just as soon give up my colorless soul to do it.