10.26.17

or when fuzzy pants and good friends are all you need.

finally back from a two-day field trip, it was about time i saw him again. i walked into the chorus room before school to find the a capella group singing wonderfully, and he was sitting near them, enjoying the music. i was frigid, but here, it was warm.

"you don't happen to have a blanket, do you?" his dark eyes looked up at me. two days was worth it just so i could see his little half smile.

"nah, just my jacket."

jokingly, he tugged in my sleeve. "give it to me!"

i rolled my eyes as the bell rang. we walked to class together.

in the time before he left for a cross country meet, we made quiet chatter in the computer lab as the rest of our class finished a test. he was hard at work trying to draw, and he tried to get me to sit with my legs crossed particular way akin to meditating monks.

"first to reach enlightenment wins," he said in an excited whisper. i snickered as quietly as one could.

just before 12:50, he began to gather his things to leave. as he stood, he attempted to wrap me up in a hug. i was sitting down, so it was more like smothering, but he was warm and didn't smell half bad.

he's become more quick to embrace now. his hugs come like halloween candy: frequent and sweet and who doesn't love it.