10.16.17

or when he is so, so close.

we were going through a classical conditioning experiment in psychology, and our job in measuring the effectiveness of the conditioning was to find a partner and see if their pupils dilated at the sound of a bell.

at the first ring, there was a foot of space between us. he said my pupils dilated a little bit. i told him i thought his did a little bit too, but it was hard to tell. his irises were a deep brown.

the teacher spoke up before he rang the bell again. "don't be afraid to get really close to see." he said this because all but three people in our class had brown eyes.

my partner and i met eyes for a second, both of us stock-still for a solid three seconds before he came a lot closer, until there were three inches between our noses.

i laughed.

"straight face contest."

"i lose."

he smiled each time the bell rang as my eyes visibly dilated, and it was interesting to see the pit in the center of his eyes widen slightly.

(note: megan mcginnis was singing "the color of your eyes" in my head.)

~

my back and triceps broke as i swam, my limbs going numb and my muscles cramping up. the other school's coach was a massive bitch. the guys on the other team were nice.

my head ached with some terrible pressure. i didn't sleep for hours.