T H R E E

his lips collided onto his, their nose touching. they could feel butterflies in their stomachs they inhaled the scent of each other, tasting each other's lips.

Damon froze as he felt Alec's breath hit his skin, and he could literally hear the Shadowhunter's heartbeat. Alec was too stunned to react to this sudden situation which left him helpless on top of the other's chest.

"and the NYPD will do their typical mundie thing for a few hours and then the area will be clear," a familiar voice spoke, as they hear the door being pushed open. Alec instantly pulled away, catching his breath. Clary's eyes widened as she gasped and then bit her lip.

"this isn't what it looks like, I-I almost fell and he caught-aught me and. ah fuck it, I assume you're able to heal yourself," Alec stuttered, breathing through his mouth, blinking quickly. Jace chuckled silently, making his parabatai blush.

Damon nodded and groaned as he placed his palms on his wound, blood red magic passing through his skin. he let out a loud cry as the magic seeped into the slash, sealing his flesh and skin together - and then his skin was flawless again; pale, scarless, and smooth. Clary and Simon never realised how perfect Damon's skin was. it was smooth like porcelain, and it was so pale it was like you could see his heart through his skin. the two shadowhunters looked just as amused as the two best friends. the half demon shut his eyes closed and collapsed back onto the bed.

Alec cleared his throat and changed the topic, walking away from the dyed blonde. "what's going on? why's there a mundane in the institute?" he glowered at Simon.

"a circle member followed him to get to Clary," Jace answered. Alec scoffed and folded his arms in front of his chest. Clary's eyebrows furrowed, and the blonde figured out that she was probably just as confused as Simon, who was scratching his head. he sighed, "all we know about the Circle was that a long time ago, they led a revolt; loads of shadowhunters got killed - including my father."

"there's gotta be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken our mother," the redhead sighed. Jace nodded and motioned Clary to follow him, and stopped Simon when he walked behind the shorter female. she noticed and informed him that they were a package deal. "there are runes all over the training that will kill your mundane boyfriend," Jace said.

Damon's eyelids flew opened as he laughed when he heard Jace referring Simon as Clary's boyfriend. "he's not my.." Clary stuttered as Simon gasped. "I'm not, like.."

"they're just best friends. pretty unfortunate for our mundane friend here," Damon teased, standing up and grabbing Alec's shirt, whose blushed darkened when he saw a clear scene of his chest and abdomen.

"shut up, Dae. anyway, I'm tough so uh, bring on the runes. but wait, what are runes exactly?" Simon asked, narrowing his eyelids at Damon as he pulled the shirt over his shoulder.

"they are what gives us our shadowhunters power," Isabelle walked in, running her stele over a rune. Simon looked as if he was drooling when Isabelle's skin started burning. "so hot," he murmured.

Jace cleared his throat while Alec looked unimpressed and Damon laughed.

"the runes, I mean." Simon gulped. Isabelle chuckled and shook his hand with a smirk hanging on her face. "I'll look after the best friend; in fact, I was just about to make breakfast!" she cheered.

"on the second thought, the runes might be less lethal," Jace mocked. Isabelle rolled her eyes. "I'll pretend I didn't hear that. please excuse my brother's lack of manners; that's Alec, and I'm Isabelle." the brunette looked over at Alec, then chuckled. Simon introduced himself awkwardly, then followed Isabelle out of the room.