F O U R T E E N

"holy shit, I think someone's trying to break in," Junèthen said, staring at the monitor. someone had been trying to get past the wards and enter the institute, but failing as they lack angel blood. the alarm had been beeping loudly, alerting them.

Alec had been the first to grab his bow and arrow then followed by his parabatai, his parabatai's crush, then his sister. Junèthen sighed as he deglamoured his katana and held it out while they were walking out of the institute, to see for themselves what the hell is actually outside the wards.

"don't move, drop whatever you have, and put your hands up," Jace shouted. the figure was facing backwards but turned around when Jace had shouted, and they realised it was Raphael and an unconscious Simon in his arms.

Clary's eyes widened as she dropped her seraph blade and went running towards the vampire, tears welling up in her eyes. tears slid down her rosy cheek as she shouted out her best friend's name and Junèthen had taken Simon into his arms from the pale vampire.

Alec had ushered them into the basement of the institute where hardly any shadowhunters would enter, which also served as a store room for whatever the hell shadowhunters keep in their store rooms.

"people will be wondering what the hell we found outside the perimeter," Jace panicked as he stood beside Simon, who had been laid on a stone that laid out in the middle of nowhere.

"I'll go tell them we didn't find anything. they won't come down here," Alec suggested, then went up running. Junèthen then sent a death glare towards Raphael and made used of his vampire speed as he sped towards the other vampire, then grabbed him by his throat and raised him up.

"you did this, didn't you? you motherfucking son of a bitch," the platinum blonde chided.

"it was Camille-"

Junèthen threw the fanged-one onto the wall as he crashed and fell. he snarled and sped up, throwing a punch towards the red-eyed, who dodged his punch, causing his fist to land on the wall right beside Simon, the mundane.

my wrong, he was a fledgeling.

after being literally slapped by Clary in the face, Junèthen had been chilling on the bench sitting beside Raphael, who had been talking about how Simon could be resurrected into a vampire.

and now Clary was stuck with two choices, to stake Simon and let him die a mundane, or to bury him and expect him to rise and be a bloodsucker?

"Clary, you have to choose. but choose wisely. bring back Simon and let him go on a journey of hardships, or stake him and let him die peacefully," he said.

honestly speaking, if Junèthen was the one who had to choose, he would have chosen to make Simon a vampire. he knew it was hard to be a Downworlder, but Simon was like his brother, and he would do anything to talk to him again. he knew it was a selfish thought, but he knew he could help Simon.

"well, the clock's ticking, shadowhunters. you have till sunset to decide," and with that, Raphael left the institute, leaving Junèthen to comfort and a confused and indecisive Clary, and a Jace who had done nothing but stand aside and caress Clary's back occasionally.

"hey Clary, I really need to talk. I think I'm becoming a vampire and I'm scared."

and so for the next hour or so, the redhead had done absolutely nothing but play that voicemail Simon had left repeatedly, sobbing and blaming herself that it was all her fault. Junèthen had left with Isabelle just a few moments after Raphael.

"it's not your fault, sweetheart," Jace said, gently stroking her hair.

"what should I do?" she asked.

"I don't know, Clary. but whatever it is, I'll always be here for you."

-

"the Clave had sent an envoy here to observe us, so please be on your best behaviour, Max," Alec chastised, making his little brother hung his head in shame. Junèthen chuckled at the sight and Alec shook his head at him, but never stopped himself from laughing quietly.

their attention had been snapped to the entrance of the institute when Valentine had strolled in, walking like a jerk in his deep green sweater and a glowing bald head, making the part vampire wonder if he had applied oil onto his scalp.

nevertheless, he quickly reacted by pulling out his daggers from his pocket and throwing it at Valentine while Alec released an arrow at him. what shocked them was, the man had caught both the arrow and the blade with either of his hand.

well, but it seemed like it wasn't Valentine at all.

he pulled his sleeve up and pulled his stele out from his pocket and ran it across his wrist, before transforming from an old, bald man to a young woman with blonde hair.

the female sighed. "that reaction was abysmal, well except for you," she looked at Alec, "and you." then Junèthen. "I'm Lydia Branwell, envoy from the Clave."

the part vampire sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Maryse," she called out as she walked towards the monitor, and Alec's mother walked behind her. "the Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this institute."

the elder Lightwood female's eyes widened in shock. "what? nobody has informed us about this."

"the Clave doesn't need to," the blonde winked, then drew a rune on the screen. "it's temporary. and I also need full clearance to assess how this institute is running. and also, for Junèthen Sangria to under my supervision at all times."

"oh hell, the Clave has sent a deadass 23-year-old woman to babysit me? they must be on drugs. do they need more marijuana? I'm pretty sure I have plenty on hand-"

Lydia raised her hand up and cut the platinum blonde off. "you have caused enough trouble already, and I would never want to babysit an arrogant immortal like you."

Alec opened his mouth, ready to defend Junèthen. the grey-eyed stopped him by placing his palms on the raven-haired shadowhunter's abdomen. "yes, madam."

-

"Junèthen, can I speak to you?" Maryse asked as she grabbed the platinum blonde's wrist, stopping him from entering the laboratory of the institute. there had been an attack on the werewolves' headquarters, and they have brought the attacker back to examine it.

"I have a forsaken to investigate on."

"Magnus and Isabelle have it under control," she argued. seeing that he'd have to follow her in the end, he gave up on arguing and followed her back to her office, where she had told him to sit and placed a cup of tea in front of him, though knowing that he only consumes blood.

Junèthen rolled his eyes. "so what's up?"

"as you know, Lydia is the envoy-" Maryse was cut off by Junèthen's rude scoff. "I would appreciate it if you don't cut me off, thank you."

"and I would be thankful if you'd just cut straight to the point."

"alright so, I'm asking you to stay away from Alec," she said.

he'd have to admit, that did make his heart break a little.

he asked, "why?"

she inhaled sharply. "because Alec is going to marry Lydia Branwell. and I know about the thing you have for Alec."

"what for?"

"to restore the family name. the Branwells have been allies with the Lightwoods, and with their marriage, Alec can run this institute and help restore the family name."

Junèthen squinted his eyes in disbelief. "how could you want to sacrifice your son's happiness for the name you have destroyed?"

Maryse gulped. "being a shadowhunter is about your family and your duty. and let's not beat around the bush, you're a Downworlder and I don't think that you'll ever understand this."

"I understand this, but what I don't is, don't you know that Alec wouldn't want this?"

"Alec was the one who suggested it, Junèthen."

[ oh hello, it's chantille back at it again with the trash chapter!1! anyway haha vote and comment if you'd like to, thank you! ]