T W E N T Y

Jace laid in Junèthen's arms as they walked into the Institute through the portal, a worried-sick Clary by his side. Jace's father, Michael Wayland, seemed oddly calm even with his son lying half-dead in a nephalem's arms.

"didn't think you would show up this quickly," they turned their heads around to face Lydia who was walking down the stairs, Alec behind her. the shadowhunter's heart rate increased and he had no idea if it was because his parabatai was unconscious in Junèthen's arms, or because the platinum-blonde was standing in front of him. "guards, arrest him now-"

"Branwell, if I was you, I'd wanna let myself heal him first," he said, his eyes looking down at the blonde in his arms then the blonde in front of him. he then walked up the stairs towards Jace's room, and Alec hesitated before walking with him, his blood running cold.

as soon as Alec's footsteps were loud enough for the part demon to hear, he stopped walking. he could feel the tissues in his body burning around his heart as he turned around to face the tall shadowhunter, his eyes not daring enough to look at his.

"back off, Alec," he warned. "I wouldn't be able to take it."

"he's my parabatai. he heals quicker when I'm closer," Alec simply replied, his tone cold and emotionless.

back off, Alec.

Alec's eyelids fluttered in an attempt to blink away the tears; his mouth dry and his stomach aching. never in his life has he ever felt this way; felt so vulnerable, so weak, so hurt. it was as if that someone he loved so badly had stabbed him harshly in his heart and twisted the blade; what hurt more than the physical one was it was the person he loves wanting him dead.

Junèthen sniffled and frowned, his tears slowly welling up in his eyes as he turned around to walk into Jace's room, but stopped for a brief moment when that tiny water droplet rolled down his jowl, a sour taste flooding his mouth. he looked down as shut his eyes tight, tears hitting the leather material of Jace's jacket.

his arms tightened around Jace's knees and waist then dashed towards the room, slamming the door tight and locking it before Alec could make it in. his back was leaning against the wooden door as he slid down the surface, Jace on his lap still.

his hands unlocked from the blonde on his lap and he drew it to his face, covering the pale features on it. he let out a shivering loud cry as he felt his palms wet by his tears, and he didn't care if anyone would be able to hear him; he was sure that the walls are soundproof.

"I can hear you, Junèthen," that voice he loved so much sounded from the other side of the door. "please, let me in. please."

on the other side, Alec shrugged and drew an unlock rune on the door, then pulled open the door, not expecting the blonde to fall and his back leaning against his knees. he then quickly stood up with Jace on his arms, then settled him down on the bed. his eyes were still bloodshot, his cheeks stained with his tears, his white hair sticking on his forehead that was moistened by cold sweat.

"I told you to back off, Alex-"

the raven-haired brutally smashed his own lips against the cold lips of the other's, his palms resting on either side of the blonde's cheeks. he breathed in the light sweaty smell that was mixed with the scent of roses and blood, his warm palms heating up the cold skin of Junèthen's.

"I can't do this anymore, Junèthen. I thought I was doing the right thing but I can't stand the feeling of not seeing you, not feeling your presence next to mine, not seeing your smile as often, not perceiving your scent. I wanted and needed you by my side, I love you," he blurted out as he pulled away, making the half-seelie gasp for air and his Adam's apple rolling up and down in his throat.