S E V E N

Alec locked his hands with Jace's, his hazel eyes barred onto his parabatai's blue ones. their hands cupped each other's and the button was between it, allowing them to track down Magnus.

Damon stood aside as he poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, jealousy fueling him as he watched them look into each other's eyes as if they were communicating through it.

"this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimating if you ask me," Clary whispered to Isabelle, soft enough for the parabatais to not hear them, but loud enough for Damon to overhear it.

he groaned at what she said as Isabelle sighed, "you don't know anything about it."

Damon murmured and broke the bond between them causing the button to fall out of their palms, but he caught it before it landed.

"no need for those intimating physical contact just to track down one warlock. I know where he is," he said, running off. Isabelle chuckled at how envious Damon was as she followed him, leaving the others hot on their heels after the two of them.

they continued to follow the part angel until they reached a warehouse that was behind a fence. "I never thought a fancy, rich warlock would live in a warehouse," Clary said, frowning. Jace chuckled and shook his head, telling her that it's warlock glamour.

"something is wrong, it's far too easy to get this close," Alec muttered to Damon, his bows and arrows ready. Damon looked at him from side-eye as he walked closer towards Magnus' lair, his red katana glowing with red magic.

the raven-haired shadowhunter turned his head around and mouthed at Clary to not get in the way, which she ignored. they crept into the warehouse, only to be encountered with a circle member slaughtering a warlock. he chuckled as he spun around to face Clary, who was forced to face the other shadowhunter alone.

"Clary Fairchild," he greeted. "Valentine would be so happy to see you."

he simpered as a girl ran towards the deceased warlock's corpse. "daddy? daddy, please wake up!" she cried out, her tiny arms shaking the lifeless body. the shadowhunter raised his sword into the air and just when he was about to swung it down, Isabelle's whip caught his arm and Clary stabbed his chest with her own Seraph blade. Jace flashed her a smile as she and Isabelle helped the child up and accompanied her.

"I won't leave you alone, I promise," Clary muttered, her arm and Isabelle's resting on either side of the girl's shoulders.

meanwhile, Alec and Damon searched for Magnus, which Damon caught a whiff off. he followed the scent of Magnus' thick perfume, Alec walking behind him.

Magnus was fighting a shadowhunter from the Circle, his rune that marked him as that seared as he moved. Damon was quick on his heels as he ran towards the rogue shadowhunter, his katana pulsing with a bright red glow. the Nephilim was too slow to react, his hand that was holding the blade had separated from his wrist and it landed on the floor with a soft thud that was covered by his loud, piercing screams.

Damon let out a loud yell as his pupils gleamed in the colour red, his katana slicing through the shadowhunters neck. his head lost contact with his neck, part angel blood splattering everywhere on the apartment's floor, the blade of the katana stained with fresh, warm blood.

"thanks, now I want to puke," Alec said sarcastically, slinging his bow over his shoulder.

"and now I have a dissected body to get rid of and blood to clean," Magnus groaned.

the vampire licked his sword clean, leaving no drop of blood behind on the cold metal. his tongue collected every droplet of part angel blood. of course, it wasn't his first time tasting Shadowhunter blood; but his blood was different.