T W E N T Y - T W O

if he knew loving someone could be this difficult, he would force himself to never fall in love with someone, and he would stop himself from loving someone if he was at that moment. he never knew love was such a tough, deep thing; he never knew loving someone could kill him; he never knew that love is complex desire. he had no idea but he could easily say that even if he knew, he would never stop himself from loving him.

he wasn't just in love with him - he is in love with his pale complexion, the searing colours of his eyes, in love with his sarcasm, in love with his features, his character, he was utterly in love with every inch of him, and every flaw of his were perfection to him.

but the feeling of just hanging beside of Junèthen who was dying slowly was killing Alec too. the raven-haired shadowhunter just stood by the unconscious blonde, watching his body twist as Alastair and Magnus worked their magic on him, with no obvious results shown. Magnus' eyebrows furrowed together as his fingers laced with his brother's, taking away his pain.

even with his physical pain being taken away by the warlock, Alec could still feel Junèthen struggling, fighting for his life. Alec held his hand tight and kissed it gently as if hoping that he could give his life to the blonde by holding his hand. tightening the grip, he wished that it would strengthen the blonde in some kind of way.

"it's not working," Alec could hear Alastair say as his lungs started to hoist for air, his chest started aching and his vision started blurring. he engulfed air by his mouth as he sobbed out loudly, his heart aching more with every second passing by.

the shadowhunter lamented as he placed his head on his hands that were cupping the unconscious one's, his eyes shut together tightly. he started praying in his heart that it would all be a dream - a really, really bad nightmare, where he'd had to watch the blonde sleep and never wake up again.

"get me the demon blood, Bloodrose," Magnus demanded, fierceness evident in his eyes.

"no, you're not doing what I think you're gonna do if I get you those."

"it's the only chance we have, Alastair Bloodrose. and I didn't ask you for it," Magnus snapped.

"it's going to change him, Magnus! you can't possibly be kidding me, right?" Alastair asked, hoping that Magnus was actually kidding about it.

"no matter what he becomes, as long as we get him back, it doesn't matter."

Alec at first had no idea what they were talking about, but then he slowly did. having more demon blood running in his veins that he originally already had would change him, and Alec had no idea if that would be good, bad or neutral - neutral maybe since it would possibly bring his Junèthen back.

"he's dying, Alastair," Magnus cried, the tiny drop of tear threatening to fall from his eyes. "it's the only chance we have of getting him back."

the pale brunette sighed and walked away, returning with a huge bottle of black liquid in his arms.

Alec wasn't entirely sure about their decision as Magnus extracted the liquid with a needle and then stuck the tip into Junèthen's wrist, then pushing the liquid into his artery. as he went, the blonde's vessels turned black, from his wrist to his chest, down to his legs and up to his face, and when it reached his eyes; the red ones Alec adored, it turned his whole eyes black.

black like an endless, exitless tunnel.

the once-stilled hybrid then arched his back and screamed out loudly, his muscles tensed up. Alec could feel Junèthen turn warm - hot like the demon blood was boiling hot and it caused him to let go of his hands.