F I F T E E N

he threw a punch at the cemented wall, his fist colliding with the rock hard solid surface, creating a dent. a loud growl escaped from in between his lips as his foot flew up and knocked the hard wall, making a crack appear from the bottom up to the top of the rock.

he continued to throw punches onto the wall with a cry accompanying every hit, the poor rock breaking into tinier pieces of stone. Alec was the one who suggested it, those words rang in his mind every single second, even when his skin was rough and torn.

of course, his foot, his hands, it all hurt. but no pain on his body could ever override the pain in his heart; Junèthen was never the one to feel sadness or heartbreaks, but every moment with Alec occupying his mind was like having to peel his skin off alive, pouring acid onto his flesh and even having someone to set fire onto his skin.

every second with him thinking about the shadowhunter made his entire body ache and his head hurt, and have definitely made his heart shatter.

and now all he could do was lay down at god knows where and cry to his heart's content, his fingers running through his pale, white hair and his red eyes gazing up at the starless night sky. all he could do was scream and shout while knowing that Alec was probably planning when his wedding will occur.

his wedding. his wedding with Lydia Branwell.

and while Junèthen is experiencing the ache he never wanted to feel again, Alec was on one knee, asking Lydia to marry him.

"will you marry me, Alec Lightwood?"

he'd ask with that smile on his face but behind it was hurt and torture. Alec was torturing himself not by marrying the woman he know he'd never had feelings for, but by knowing that he was hurting the man he loves by marrying someone he doesn't love.

Alec was trying hard to restore his family name, even though he knew his parents were the one who destroyed it. Maryse had brought the idea of him marrying a trusted Clave member and had brought Lydia up, but he had never wanted to marry her.

"Alexander, if you marry her, you could run the institute and restore the name of the Lightwoods," Maryse had said.

and that was all he needed to hear. he extremely despised the idea of it, but to uphold the name of his family and be able to run the institute was important, and he chose to be judgemental instead of letting emotions cloud it.

he loathed himself right at that moment; not only because he knew he had emotionally killed his love, and also because he was a coward - he wasn't able to tell Junèthen and needs his mother to tell him.

Junèthen detested himself at that moment too; he had been such a weakling and not be able to fight Alec back, to fight through everything for the boy he has strong feelings for. he wasn't able to talk to Alec about this, but he chose to run away from him and come to this one hell of a place and throw punches at innocent objects.

he groaned as he reached out for his phone when it beeped, and realised it was a text from Lydia Branwell.

Lydia Branwell; report back to the institute. right now.

that made him want to set his phone on fire, which he did. he threw the phone onto the wall as he watched it burst into flames before it hits the wall, before engulfing the mobile phone. nevertheless, he still got up and reported back to the institute.

well, bad choice.

"Junèthen Asavel Sangria, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest for soliciting state secrets and revealing them to Valentine," Lydia said as she called for the guards to arrest him. Alec then came running in, and seeing a cuff on Junèthen's wrists made his blood boil.

"this is ridiculous, he has saved lives and hurt himself so many times and now you're arresting him and you think that he's one of Valentine's spies?" Alec asked. the platinum blonde kept quiet as he gazed at the hazel-eyed with sadness clouding his eyes, making the raven-haired drown in guilt.

Junèthen was brought away by the guards before he could hear Alec and Lydia's conversation, but he didn't want to care anymore. he didn't even mind the fact that he was sitting down in Lydia's office waiting for her to interrogate him.

"so, Mr Sangria, shall we get started?"Lydia asked but the platinum-blonde just kept quiet, refusing to answer her.

"you might as well just lock me up in jail, I've got nothing to say."

"have you communicated with Valentine during this period of time?" Lydia asked, sitting down on her chair.

"no. this doesn't make any sense at all, Branwell. I've never communicated with Valentine before and now you're saying that I'm one of his spies?"

"well, you're a Downworlder who-"

"oh, so this is the reason why? you think because I have angel blood and a whole bunch of different other blood running in my veins, and the fact that I have close shadowhunters friend, one of them being his daughter, makes me his spy?" Junèthen asked, his tone demanding an answer.

"yes," Lydia answered.

"listen, Lydia," he said. "I don't even care what you want to do right now. stake me with the mortal sword, burn me with the cup, I don't care. I'm indestructible, I heal, and I can never be dead. so fucking try to kill me, I dare you."

outside her office, Isabelle and her brother had been watching the whole interrogation process. Isabelle was extremely angry, due to the fact that the Clave has thought that just because her friend was a hybrid Downworlder, it makes him a sinner.

"we're gonna have to export you to the City of Bones for the Silent Brothers to interrogate you," the envoy said, then left the room.

Alec was upset. not only because Junèthen was going to be handed over to the Brothers by his fiancee, but also because he's not able to stop whatever that was happening to the demon.

"well see it for yourself, Alexander. that is the kind of wife you're gonna have to face every day in the future, and you've decided it yourself," Isabelle exclaimed, then walked away from her brother, leaving him to be drowned in guilt.

[ kinda a filler chapter and the next chapters gon' be intense, you have my word:) vote for this hella trashy chapter, see you later hahaha hahaha ]