F I V E

Damon sat on the edge of the roof, his legs dangling in the air. he sighed into the cold air, his breath condensing into the cool wind. Alec joined him, his nails scouring the skin covered by his deflect rune. "you owe me an explanation, Damon," he exhaled, tiny water droplets forming in the air.

"it's just me, Dae. you can tell me," the shadowhunter assured. Damon formed a small smile and looked at the brunette. he could have sworn that he would never get tired of his angelic, beautiful features.

the demon nodded, a soft laugh escaping his lips. crinkles formed at the side of his eyes, as his dimples deepened. Alec's hazel eyes followed the movements of Damon's grey ones.

"I know, Alec." he sighed. "my name's not Damon. it's.."

"Junèthen Sangria. I know who you are," the raven-haired boy cut him off, gulping after.

Damon licked his lips, an act his body had gotten used to. it was a habit that he had found it hard to quit. his lips were dry and cracked because of that, and from time to time, dry blood will stain his pale, dry lips.

"no, you actually don't." he rolled his eyes downwards, blinking furiously. it was as if Alec could notice the hint of tears welling in his eyes, and the grey tone turning into a light green, slowly darkening. the brunette felt a pang of guilt rush through his mind.

"your green eyes are stunning, have I told you that before?" Alec complimented. Damon's cheeks flushed as he blinked away his tears, his eyes then glowing brighter and sharper than ever.

he cleared his throat and grinned, a tiny smile hanging on his face. "and they literally glow, Damon. by the angel, I'm in love with your eyes," he whispered. and then he blushed, realising what he had said.

the vampire sighed, closing his eyes then letting a smile take over his face. "and sweet cheeks, your eyes literally mesmerise me. your eyes are probably blessed by the angels."

Alec's jaw dropped a little, breathing out."sweet cheeks," Alec muttered under his breath, turning his head around so that he's not facing Damon anymore. "sweet cheeks."

the half wolf chuckled as he watches Alec turn from his normal, cold and distant self to this incredibly adorable shy teddy who blushes uncontrollably because of one name Damon called him. and for some unknown reason, that made him extremely happy.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, Damon," he said.

"sweet dreams, chérie," the shorter one replied.

"oh and, if the ward's bed is uncomfortable," the shadowhunter turned around as he walked towards the stairway, "you're welcomed in my room."

-

Damon observed the way Alec slept as he laid next to him, his jaw on his hand and his elbow supporting his weight. he watched how Alec's eyelids would flutter a little once in awhile, how the corner of his lips would curl up, how his raven-coloured hair would just fall perfectly on his forehead. Alec's countenance amazes Damon, and he would sometimes wonder if Alec ever noticed how freaking gorgeous he is.

the quarter angel silently promised himself that if Alec didn't, he would sacrifice his whole entire existence to show this boy laying right beside him how heavenly beautiful he is.

"Alec, wake up! we may have - oh," Isabelle came walking in, clapping her hands as she walked through the door. her face reddened as she giggled and turned around, walking out of the room, the knocked the door before slowly turning the doorknob and peeking in.

Damon chuckled and pulled down his blanket to show her the full set of pyjamas he was wearing. "nothing happened, just admiring how fucking pleasing-looking your dear brother is," he whispered. Isabelle smirked and nodded.