F O U R

Damon winced as the vampiress threw him on the marble floor along with Simon. her claws dug into the half vampire's neck as he keened in pain, feeling his skin tear open. he immediately clapped his palms against the tear, his jaw clenching in pain.

"enough, leave the mundane and Junèthen alone, " Raphael said, then dismissed the vampiress.

Simon was barely breathing as he heaved through his lungs on the hotel's floor, more confused than ever. his hand was on his chest, his eyes closed and he tried to catch his breath, but opened them when he heard Raphael's footstep.

"hope my little bloodsucker didn't hurt you too deeply, Junèthen. oh, I can't call you that can I, your tiny mundane doesn't know it yet, hmm?" he teased, fixing Damon's hair. Damon slapped his hand away.

Simon grumbled in confusion as his best friend hissed, and Simon couldn't tell if that was out of pain or frustration. his attention soon diverted to another vampiress that walked towards them.

"woo, look who's here to have a little fun, Junèthen Sangria, and a sweet sweet, mundane," the tall brunette smirked, her heels clicking against the floor as she strolled.

"Camille Belcourt," Damon shrilled.

-

"my mother lied to me, my father is Valentine. and I still don't understand; how can shadowhunters be better than, than what you people calls mundanes?" Clary asked, glaring at the three shadowhunters one by one.

Isabelle looked down at the ground with guilt, her eyebrows furrowing. she started blaming herself, holding back the tears that threatened to spill. she knew she shouldn't cry, but the guilt of leaving Simon alone in the van, of endangering Simon's life, of letting Simon fall into the hands of the Night Children, was eating her up. Alec noticed how bad his sister felt, and that made him feel upset too. he stroked the brunette's back, attempting to comfort her.

"because we protect the mundanes," Jace answered, his arms folded on his chest.

"and you left Simon all alone in the van? good job guys, you rock," Clary scoffed sarcastically, rolling her eyes. that made Isabelle feel even worse and made her drop her shoulders even lower and hunched her back more. seeing Isabelle like that triggered Alec.

"it isn't entirely Isabelle's fault, little girl. the Clave already stated that you should not leave the premises, and look? you decide to go to the City of Bones with a fucking mundane and a demon after breaking countless of Clave Accords, and now you're blaming Izzy, me and Jace for it?" Alec chastised, his pupils widening. Clary exhaled deeply and derided.

Isabelle touched Alec's arm softly and mouthed a 'not now' to him. Alec rolled his eyes and inhaled deeply, then exhaled.

"look, they won't do anything to Simon. they just wanted to draw you out. they want the cup, and they think you have it," Alec said.

"but why do they think that?" the redhead sighed. "why does anyone think that? what, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone.' what am I supposed to do now?" she continued, exaggerating.

"we have to report to this to the Clave. they need to know what we've learnt about Valentine," Alec spoke, his hand running through his hair. "and also, about Damon, or whatever Junathan."

"Damon sounds much hotter," he muttered under his breath.

"it's Junèthen." Isabelle corrected. Alec rolled his eyes.

"what good does telling the Clave about this shit do to Simon? and Damon?" she asked.

Jace breathed out. "because it's all connected, Clary. Valentine will make a new army of Shadowhunters with the cup, and no downworlder wants that to happen. additionally; it controls demons. so, they'll propose a trade. the cup for Simon."