T W E N T Y - T H R E E

warning; unexpected (but actually predictable) death and a lot of violence

warning; unexpected (but actually predictable) death and a lot of violence. like, not a lot, but, a lot.

Magnus was slowly regretting the decision of injecting him with demon blood as he watched his own brother roar out loudly in the middle of nowhere in the streets of New York. the vessels in his forehand and wrist were black, which Magnus had suspected as demon blood.

he regretted his choice, even more, when Junèthen smashed him onto the rock wall, his hands gripping on tightly onto Magnus' collar.

"what the hell have you done to me?" he asked, though his tone wasn't intending to let his sentence be a question the warlock could choose to answer or not.

Magnus gulped. "I injected demon blood in you, so you can heal quicker and not possibly die."

"you one hell of a bastard, why the fuck would you do that? you know injecting demon blood would only change me!"

"because you are dying!" Magnus exclaimed, staring into the other's red eyes that were partly clouded with jet black emulsion.

Junèthen scoffed. "then you should have just let me die instead of turning me into more of a monster than I already am!"

upon hearing what his brother said, the warlock growled. he hated it when the blonde called himself a monster just not only because more demonic blood runs in his veins, but also that he was probably one of the nicest, most loyal and bravest Downworlders he has ever met.

"you are not a monster," Magnus exclaimed loudly as he turned the grey-eyed over so that he was the one pushing him against the wall.

tears were evident in Junèthen's eyes. "I am, Magnus."

the warlock just shook his head vigorously at that. "you aren't."

"then what am I?" he asked, holding out his wrists to look at his demon-flooded veins. "I'm nothing more than a monster."

Junèthen whimpered as he stared down at his limbs, shaking his head gently making his tears that once threatened to fall roll down his pale skin, hitting the ground as it left his jaw. Magnus started sobbing as he held his taller brother in his arms, crying into Junèthen's leather jacket.

"whatever you are, we'll figure it out. and no matter what you are, I'll always be here for you."

-

Alec panicked as he looked around for Jace, who has run away and disappeared from Alec's own sight faster than the speed of light. he grunted and ran to whatever direction he had last seen his parabatai went, only to find Luke, who he had called to back him and Jace up.

"have you found Hodge yet?" the shadowhunter asked, and the wolf shook his head.

"nope, no, not yet."

Alec rolled his eyes at his answer and caught the sight of his platinum-blonde lover and his brother, and both had bloodshot eyes. the shadowhunter then ran towards the part vampire, giving him a brief hug.

"why didn't you stay in the institute? it's much safer in there," the shadowhunter asked, gently caressing the blonde's cheekbone, which felt colder than ice.

"I couldn't sit my ass back in that hellhole knowing that you are out here, in danger."

Luke growled as he heard one of his pack wolves howl, signalling him that they had found Hodge. Luke and Junèthen nodded at each other, then both sprinted to the direction where the howling came from. Magnus and Alec followed them but lost sight of them since they ran much faster than both had expected.

Junèthen was the first to catch the sight of Hodge, and he ran to pin the blonde shadowhunter onto the wall painted with graffiti, and the platinum-blonde roared in the strawberry blonde's face.

"where is the cup?"  Junèthen howled, his vision turning sharper than ever, and he had no idea why. however, the look on Hodge's face made him satisfy, the fear that lingered on his face was gold.

Hodge sighed. "you might have been too late, Sangria. he had the cup and he has-"

the part-faerie hissed and punched the shadowhunter, and his nose started bleeding.

"has who?"

"geez, if you would just let me-"

the red-eyed punched him again. "answer my question, you dumb Nephilim."

"he has your sister," Hodge cried out, fearing when he heard his nasal bones break.

Junèthen laughed. "I don't have a sister. come out with a better joke next time."

then, the blonde threw the shadowhunter onto the floor and kneeled his legs beside either side of his waist, then showed no mercy with his own fist.

"so, this is what excessive demon blood does to you, huh? turning you into a monster and just fearing people out?" Hodge challenged, and Junèthen snarled.

he tugged out the shadowhunter's arms and smiled, and Hodge's sly smile faded away as he watched the nephalem's eyes cloud with black emulsion, then realised the trouble he had caused himself.

"yeah, and this is something a monster would do to a fucking ass bitch like you."

Junèthen gnarled and pulled Hodge's arm harshly, making the Nephilim cry out loudly. his hand instantly flew to rest on his shoulder and screamed out loud as he felt his arm disconnect from his shoulder. the blonde chuckled and swiped his claws across the other's neck, his smile growing wider as he felt Hodge's blood spurt onto his own skin.

he leant down and poke his fangs against the Shadowhunter's neck, but was pulled off and thrown onto the ground by Luke.

Luke and Alec pinned him down as Jace activated the iratze rune on Hodge's arm. Alec sat on  Junèthen's waist and held the blonde's face in his hands, gulping as he looked into his eyes.

this isn't him, Alec thought.

"babe? I know you're in there. listen, whatever he said, it isn't true. you are not a monster."

Luke could only look down at his own alpha in pain, looking into his black-clouded eyes.

"I love you, Junèthen. come back, please."

like a miracle, his eyes were cleared of the black emulsion but his pupils remained red. as he slowly sat up, Alec engulfed him into a tight hug and kissed him harshly, like he had lost him but got him back again.

Junèthen pulled back then looked back at Hodge, who looked lifeless on the floor, and realised that he was dead. Alec held the blonde's face and turned it back so he was looking at him, and then hugged him tightly.

the shadowhunter's heart broke at the sight of the nephalem's face soaked in tears. he had never seen the blonde this vulnerable before, and his chest ached at the fact that he couldn't do anything but watch him break.

"I killed him, Alec, I killed him."

"it wasn't you," Alec said, embracing him tightly.

[ so much demonic dramas and Hodge's poor arm, tho. remember to vote for this hella short chapter hahahahahhahhahahah idk next chap or the chap aft the next will be the last chapter of this storyline, hahahha thank youu ]