N I N E

"you do know that if I stab you with this, you will die, right?" Jace asked, swinging his sword at the half demon-blooded. Junèthen just responded with a slight chuckle and a high back flip, dodging Jace's blade.

he flipped over Jace and landed behind the shadowhunter and clasped his throat with his elbow, angling it more so that Jace were choking, his face red. Junèthen smirked and half-wrapped his legs around Jace's so that the shadowhunter would not be able to move.

using his free right elbow, Jace hit the half demon with his elbow causing him to unwrap his leg and elbow and swirled a little before placing his palm on his jaw and laughed. he detached his palm and clenched his fist, aiming it at the blonde's right jaw.

the blue-eyed used both his hands to stop the white-haired's fist from swinging into his jaw, which gave the half demon the opportunity to hit the shadowhunter's left jaw without Jace defending himself. the blonde fell onto the floor as he laid there, his forehead moist with sweat.

Junèthen grabbed an un-runed stick from the floor and picked it up, and using the sharp ends, he softly poked Jace's chest. "you need to work on your defence," he said. the shadowhunter chuckled as Alec walked into the training room with an older brunette.

"Junèthen Sangria, it has been an awfully long time," a voice of a female that sounded oddly familiar to him rang in his ears. he turned around only to see Maryse Lightwood - the mother of the two Lightwood siblings - standing right in front of him, a wide grin hanging on her face.

"Maryse," Jace said. he walked past Junèthen and gave Maryse a big hug which she returned. Isabelle's face twisted a little as Clary looked at her sympathetic look. "how's everyone in Idris? and where's Max?" he asked as he looked around in search for his adoptive little brother. Max Lightwood, the youngest Lightwood in the family.

"no Max, just mum with her hair on fire," Isabelle replied.

Junèthen smirked as he spoke, crossing his arms over his chest. "it's been a long time since you tried to kill me."

Alec's eyes widened as he glared at his mother in disbelief.

"it wasn't my choice, you are a demon."

"a downworlder, Maryse. I have angel blood."

she keened as she rolled her eyes. "I didn't come here to fight with you. we have bigger problems about the Clave."

"like what? not being able to bring my head back to the Clave?" Junèthen challenged, leering.

Maryse ignored him. "the seelies have stopped communicating with the Clave, and they wouldn't explain why. my guess is that they're upset we asked them to send scouts to search for Valentine."

Jace rubbed his chin with the side of his index finger, his blue eyes shining in the lightings of the training room. Alec exhaled sharply as he spoke, "Isabelle knows how to talk to feys. she has seelie friends."

Maryse nodded as she shot a glare at her daughter. she reprimanded her as Isabelle's grin slowly faded, her head hung low in shame. the demon rolled his eyes as he watched the second eldest Lightwood sibling frown, guilt and hurt running through her veins.

"you're blaming this on Isabelle for having a downworld friend?" her adoptive brother shouted in scepticism. Isabelle suggested that she could go to Meliorn, the faerie he's been seeing, to see what he knows. Alec advised that he go with Isabelle, only to be turned down by his mother.