T W E L V E

Alec ran through the streets of New York, sprinting as fast as he could. he was like running away from his terrors and nightmares, and it was like one of the dreams whereby he had to ran as fast as he could until his muscles give up; until his lungs collapse, but he can't seem to run faster.

he was absolutely exhausted. not just because his muscles had started to surrender, but because of the grey-eyed half-demon who was lying on the couch of Magnus Bane's house. he was extremely tired of seeing the white-haired scream and grunt in pain, and it hurts him when he knew that he couldn't do anything.

and now he was sitting on the ground, leaning against a wall right behind Hotel DuMort. he knew it was a wrong choice to come here, but he did anyway.

"oh look. what's a shadowhunter doing on vampire property?" said Raphael, as he slowly strolled towards Alec. the shadowhunter rolled his eyes and drew his knees up to his chest, then rested his chin in between his knee cap.

"did you lose your bow or something?" the vampire teased, smirking.

"for the sake of the angel, shut up."

"someone must have stepped on your tail," Raphael joked. Alec groaned in frustration and messed his hair up, then buried his forehead into the crook of his knees. "what's wrong?"

"never thought a fucking vampire would be caring enough to ask that," Alec grunted. Raphael chuckled and sat down beside Alec, moving one of his knees up and rested his arm on it.

Alec sighed, "Junèthen's dying," he started sobbing, tears escaping from his eyes. "the ex-alpha wolf bit him and now he's in pain, and I couldn't bear to just stand there and watch him suffer in pain. and the worst thing is, I can't take away his pain."

Raphael gulped, lamenting. he didn't know what to do - he didn't know what he should do when somebody is upset, but he thought the least he could do was probably give that somebody a hug or something, and so that was what he did. he exhaled sharply before wrapping his arms around Alec's shoulder and gently caressed his hair, pushing it onto his chest.

"he'll be fine. he's strong, he'll make it through. plus, he's a part of my clan and the new alpha of the wolves' pack, so he will make it."

the shadowhunter nodded as he rested his forehead on the vampire's shoulder, weeping. it was a strange sensation - hardly anyone he wasn't close with will show him such affection due to the fact that he was cold and distant.

he pulled back. "so we're friends now?" he asked the vampire, chuckling and wiping his tears off.

"if you ever need a hug and I'll be the one giving it to you, then I guess I am."

-

he could feel that his stamina was burning out, and he could feel that the alpha venom was spreading through his body, burning his vessels, and yet he couldn't blink, scream or breathe, all he could do was just lie there lifelessly.

"isn't he like an undefeatable Downworlder? then why isn't he healing?" Clary asked. he knew he was supposed to heal by himself, but he was weak and his magic was low, making it hard to heal. additionally, the alpha's venom is strong - so that just worsened the whole situation.

"alpha's venom is lethal. and he's supposedly exhausted, so that doesn't help at all." Magnus answered. "if your boys doesn't come back with the blood, he won't be able to -"

"there you go! gallons of werewolf and vampire blood, and extra vampire venom!" Simon exclaimed, settling down packets and packets of blood, with extra bottles of translucent substance, which Clary assumed was venom.

Magnus grinned gratefully as he grabbed the bottle of venom and rushed over to the part vampire's side, pulling down his chin and pouring the liquid into his mouth, then forced his chin back up again.

Junèthen's eyes then shot open, his pupils a shade of wine red. it wasn't like the elegant ones Clary always admired anymore; it was dark and looked fatal, like if his eyes could kill, Clary would have been burning in the depths of hell already.

and his eye colour wasn't the only thing that changed.

his green veins that stood out under his pale skin started turning black like charcoal was flowing through it, and it started from his chest to his arms, legs and then his face, his pale complexion making the contrast more obvious.

"there's one more thing I need," Magnus started. "I need your brother, Jace. my brother needs your brother."

-

"for the sake of the angel, what the fuck is wrong?" Alec exclaimed as he stood by Junèthen's side, his eyes glued to the part werewolves eyes. his eyes scanned down from his bare chest to his torso, legs then feet.

"vampire venom," Jace explained, his back leaning onto the painted wall. Alec's eyebrows formed into a line as he frowned, confused.

"why did you-"

"his body needs it. he used to inject vampire venom to keep himself strong, but it made him more and more inhumane so he stopped, and so he became weaker and weaker. get it?" Magnus said. he had his palms placed on his half-brother's head and had made his own magic seep into Junèthen's skull.

Alec bit his lip. "he's not mundane, of course he won't be humane," he muttered. "why do you need me here anyway?"

"you love him don't you?" Magnus asked. Alec froze for a second before gazing at Magnus. "answer me, do you?"

"yes. I do."

"then you have to accept him for who he was."

"I do, what are you-"

"Alexander," Magnus sighed, "you barely know him."

the room was silent for a while after what Magnus said. Clary's cheeks were stained with tears as she stared at her adoptive brother, Simon had left a few moments ago and Jace could do nothing but stare at Clary.

"well, then I'm ready to get to know him."

"you better are."

-

after a full night of just plainly feeding Junèthen with werewolf and vampire blood, Clary and Jace had left. Magnus had left for a business trip, and Alec had been sitting by the grey eyed's side, stroking his forehand.

"hey. I really don't know if you can hear me but, I'll accept you for whoever you are, sweetheart," Alec said, grinning as he massaged the other's knuckles, kissing it gently occasionally.

"I thought I was the one who calls the name."

Alec's eyes brightened up. Junèthen slowly sat up but was attacked with a hug by the shadowhunter, his arms wrapped around his shoulder.

"holy shit, Alexander, I didn't expect you to be such a cuddly per-"

the shadowhunter clasped the half vampire face in his hands and vigorously smashed his lips onto the platinum blonde's.

"don't ever leave me again. never."

[filler sucky chapter hehe. this is easily one of the worst chapters ive ever wrote but oh wellzzz. give this chapter some love by voting :)]