T E N

"where the fuck is she?" Alec questioned as they ran towards the loft, where Clary and Junèthen used to stay at. the demon shrugged and continued to sprint.

Alec had brought his bow and arrows along just in case and Junèthen had his daggers ready in his hands, ready to kill at any time.

"Clary!" he shouted as he pushed open the door and bumped into Simon, who was standing beside Clary. Junèthen sighed and pulled her into his arms, nuzzling his face into her neck. she stroked his back and asked what was wrong but he ignored her.

he pulled away went he heard movements below and outside the loft, and eyed Alec while nodding, then ran down along. he jumped down from the stairs and got his daggers ready.

the shadowhunter turned around when he heard leaves of the bushes shuffling, then released an arrow, only to miss it - however, the demon noticed the wolf that was causing distractions and immediately threw a dagger at the direction where the sounds came from.

and of course, thank the sweet Azazel that he didn't miss.

the wolf howled as it laid there and bled, the red dagger sticking into its abdomen. it turned and changed into a man. "werewolves," Alec muttered and Junèthen nodded, panting.

and then they realised that the wolf was a distraction to distract them from Clary and Simon.

"let go!" they heard a faint shouting from outside and noticed that Clary and Simon were dragged into a car by werewolves - one that they recognised was Alaric, Luke's colleague. they drove off quickly, leaving Alec and Junèthen desperate.

-

the demon tugged his hair as he leant back on the wall, watching Alec and Jace do their parabatai tracking. he had suggested that he could track down the scent of the wolves since he is a wolf himself, but the idea was turned down by Jace, who wanted to be the hero of the day.

Jace rolled his eyes as they failed to track Clary down for the second time. glaring at Alec, he hissed, "concentrate, Alec."

Alec tried. he looked into Jace's eyes and focused all his will on their linked palms, even stopped breathing for that short twelve seconds. however, to their dismay, nothing came out. Jace rolled his eyes and scowled at the hazel-eyed, his own blue-brown eyes destroying the life in Alec's hazel ones.

"Alec!" he shouted, blinking furiously at Alec.

Isabelle, who was sitting beside Junèthen, had fastened her breathing.

"I'm doing it. she's not showing up," Alec said. the vampire-blooded could hear the guilt that lingered in the tallest's voice and could feel his heart tear at the sight.

their gaze was turned to the half demon as his phone chimed. "just like I thought. she wasn't arrested," said Junèthen. Jace's stare fixed back on Alec, as he took a step towards the raven-haired, making the other take a step back.

Jace chided. "it was your job to look after her."

"I did my best, Jace," Alec replied, gulping. his gaze at Jace had moved to Junèthen as he blinked, and then back to Jace.

"then maybe your mother is right. your best just isn't good enough."

"Jace!" Isabelle exclaimed.

that one sentence made Alec's heart completely shatter and made the wolf rage. he snarled and rushed in front of Alec, standing in front of the blonde and hissed again. "you don't talk to him like this, Wayland."

"it's none of your business, Sangria."

"oh bitch, you thought."

"ENOUGH, THE BOTH OF YOU!" Alec exclaimed and ran his palms over his hair then his face, shutting both the blonde and platinum-blonde up.

"well, I don't give a fuck about how you want to be the only who saves the day, blondie. I'm tracking their scent down. and if one more shitty word comes out from that fucking mouth of yours, expect to be sleeping in your grave tonight."

and with that, all of them never spoke a word for the next hour used to track down the scent of the missing redhead and her best friend the nerd. the scent led them to a restaurant called Jade Wolf, and Junèthen recognised the place as where the wolf clan hangs out.

he tilted his head and felt his fangs stab its way out of his gums and his nails grew into claws, his grey eyes turning into green.

recognising that as a sign of battle and fighting, the shadowhunters got their weapons ready before they charged into the restaurant with the demon.

the venue was full of wolves, and Clary was tied down to a chair with ropes, guarded by dozen werewolves. Junèthen let out a loud growl and charged towards the man that stood in front of Clary, who was screaming through the masking tape on her mouth.

Isabelle's snake wristlet unravelled from her wrist and she whipped it on the floor, preparing to kill. Jace held his seraph blade and Alec had his bow and arrow ready.

he pounced on the man and scratched his neck, blood splattering onto his crisp white t-shirt. he then got up and bit the neck of the other man that was hovering over, sucking his blood dry. it made him stronger, fiercer and more dangerous of course, but that's only to protect his loved ones.

he pulled the rope that was tightened around Clary and snapped it without much strength used, Clary peeled off the tape and went to help the others with the wolves, while Junèthen ran to find Simon.

he found Simon lying lifelessly in the lockers room, though his chest was still rising and dropping. he groaned and pulled the metal door gates of the room and it was disconnected to the wall, allowing him to scoop the mundane up in his arms.

"I'm seriously tired of saving your life, Lewis."

-

"oh hell, now I'm supposed to fight a dozen werewolves with a fucking mundane in my arms? how ironic."

"shut the hell up, Sangria," Jace complained.

they were surrounded by wolves outside Jade Wolf, and they can pretty much tell you that either way, it will not end up pretty. Junèthen rolled his eyes pinched Simon's nipple through his shirt, and Simon immediately shot up, his forehead banging onto the part demon's.

"fuck you, Lewis!"

Alec watched as Simon got down the taller one's arms, jealousy shooting through his whole body. he knew it was wrong to feel jealous after what he had done the previous night. he knew his actions had truly hurt the platinum-blonde, and he hated himself for it.

he had never wanted to hurt him. breaking him was never one of his intentions.

but he did anyway.

now, he could only feel remorse as he watched how Junèthen fails to be able to make eye contact with Alec even for a second, how his smile wasn't as wide and bright as before, how his hair was whiter than ever - a result of him being sad. he watched parts of Junèthen fall and break, and he couldn't help but feel sorry.

he was drowning in his thought but was brought back when the boy who he had been thinking about screamed his name out loud and realised that a wolf was charging at him; right then, he had no idea how to react, and he knew he was going to get hurt.

well, not until when Junèthen had literally pounced onto the wolf and sank his fangs into it.

as a result of his impulsive actions, the alpha with blinding green eyes jumped onto Junèthen and bit on his shoulder, but the other part wolf had been quick to stab his dagger into the heart of the alpha. or so called, the ex-alpha.

"he killed the alpha," Jace muttered.

the green-eyed stood up and faced the rest of the pack, with them bowed down to him.

"well shit, I never knew I could be an alpha-"

he was cut off by himself as he felt his body go weightless and falling. but what he didn't feel is a strong pair of arms catching him before his body hit the ground, and he never realised that it was Alec.

"I got you, love."

[easily one of the shittiest chapters I've written. might rewrite it, idek hahahaha. don't forget to vote even though it's so fuckin shitty, tyyy!!]