E L E V E N

he walked around the rose garden with exactly no idea where he's heading to, strolling around the place like a lost puppy. the place was like a maze - walls of vines and roses, endless ways and paths covered by grass.

"Junèthen," a familiar voice called out from his back. he turned around and saw a figure, but he couldn't figure out who it was. it was blurry, but he could tell that it was a male.

the demon does not why or how, but the voice breaks him. he felt like he knew that voice - it felt so familiar yet so strange, so foreign. it was like a language he never learnt or heard, a pain he had never felt, a sensation so strangely unusual. it was like sleeping on a new mattress, adapting to a new environment, changing his habits.

he walked closer to him, but he seemed like a thousand miles away - no matter how many steps he walked, how fast his legs took him, he still looked so far away. it was like he could never reach him.

"Junèthen," the figure called out. the part demon ran towards him, but he fell and it was like being paralysed; he couldn't move or scream, nor can he talk, breathe or even blink. he could feel the grass wrap itself around his torso, legs and neck, so tightly it felt like his body was going to burst.

"tell the Fairchild girl everything. she needs to know. you have to unlock her, Jun. or you'll never be able to escape."

"from what?" the platinum-blonde managed to mutter out, causing the figure to sigh.

"from this nightmare. from your fears."

and then he felt the vines tightened around his neck, the thorns of the roses stabbed into his heart as he watched the mysterious shadow walk away, leaving him helpless, vulnerable.

he screamed as his back arched, Magnus' blue magic working on his body. Magnus tried hard, but his magic just refused to seep into the wounds and declining to absorb and take away his pain.

"it's not working," Magnus said, flexing his arm muscles. Alec panicked as he paced through the room and Clary had Junèthen's palms in hers, squeezing it tight as if it could take away his pain.

blue magic flowed out of Magnus' hand as it circled around the part angel's body, not going into contact with his skin. it was as if the magic denied to touch the nephalem's skin like it was poisonous and fatal.

"is there a way to heal him?" Clary said as she clutched his hand tightly, making sure that he will stay conscious. Alec stood beside Clary and bit his nails nervously.

Magnus nodded. "get me these," the warlock snapped his finger as a list of ingredients written on a paper appeared in Clary's hand.

"alright."

"I'll go instead," Simon said as he ran into the room, Jace hot on his heel after him.

"we'll get it," Jace told Clary as he took the paper from Clary's hands and nodded at Simon.

Junèthen screamed in pain as Clary watched the duo disappear. his back arched and his fangs showed up, his claws digging into the leather material of Magnus' couch. his eyes' colour started changing - a moment it was gleaming green, then it turned into dark red, and lastly gold.

"unlock her, Jun. or you'll never be able to escape," the voice in his head echoed.

his eyes were wide opened as he saw himself lying on the grassland lifelessly, blood covering his body. the vines that wounded around him were on fire while the roses burnt with it, but Junèthen did not burn with it.

his blood seeped through the soil as his eyes were pure white. pupil-less, just plain white. like white clouds flooding the blue sky, hiding the firmament. and then he realised that he feared of showing other's his true self. he feared for them leaving once they understood what he truly is, feared of being judged, feared of being feared.

and then he saw blood rolling down his pale skin from his eye socket, like tears. and he realised that he - the Junèthen in his vision - was crying. and he turned his head around to look at what he was crying for, then saw the most frightening scene of his whole existence.

Alexander Lightwood, the boy he loved, being drowned in black ichor that shone with golden strips. and he realised the black-coloured ichor was his own, and Alec was drowned in it.

he had killed Alec.

he let out a scream so high, so piercing and loud the ground started shaking, and the voice echoed, "unlock Clary and escape from your own fears. if Valentine gets what he wants, your worst nightmares will come true."

"CLARISSA!" he shouted, making Clary jump. the redhead gasped and compressed his hand with hers, notifying him that she was here.

"I need to tell you-"

"don't even," Alec exclaimed, glaring at Clary.

"I have to tell you-"

"lay back, Junèthen," Clary said.

Junèthen sighed as he laid back onto the couch, his lungs heaving for air. "Magnus, please tell her everything."

the warlock nodded in response. "I will. now let me take your pain away," and with that, the magic trickled into his body, and he felt as light as a feather.

"I love you," was the last thing he heard from the Lightwood boy as he fell asleep, drifting into unconsciousness.

-

this time, when he opened his eyes, he wasn't tangled up in some random vines or having roses' stems stuck in his flesh. Alec was by his side, his fingers tangled up with his own. Simon had his arms around Isabelle, and right beside them was Jace and Clary sharing a face-sucking moment.

he could feel his face light up as he watched them kiss, but what made him jump in joy was Alec. the same Alec he loves. but this Alec was different - he could feel it.

and what wasn't the same is that there wasn't a black deflect rune that stood out in his pale complexion.

he wasn't a shadowhunter.

and so wasn't Isabelle, or Jace, or even Clary. and no matter how hard he tried, fangs could not stab its way out of his gums.

"sweetheart?" Alec called out as he held Junèthen's face in between his palms, staring right into his grey eyes. the platinum blonde nodded as he leant forward and kissed the mundane version of the elder Lightwood. and it wasn't just his ice cold lips on Alec's warm ones - he was warm and heat flows through his body.

Alec let go of his hand and slowly turned around so that his whole body faced Junèthen's. he secured his palms on the grey eye's neck as he closed the gap between them, his lips crashing onto the Sangria's.

"I love you," Alec muttered in between the kiss. Junèthen couldn't help but tear at this; he knew this would have never happened in the Shadow World - the world he lived in. he knew this was fake and it was a part of his fears - afraid of being addicted onto imaginations, being unable to differentiate between the real world and his own hallucinations.

he knew he was a monster. but in this world, he wasn't a demon. or a part angel, or part vampire or werewolf. he wasn't a nephalem. of course, he loved this fabrication, but it hurt him, even more, when he knew it would never happen.

"what's wrong?" Alec asked as he felt Junèthen's warm tears staining his own cheek.

"Alec, this isn't real."

"what isn't?" he asked, confusion written all over his face.

"you."

and with that, Alec's skin crumbled into pieces like delicate porcelain breaking; Isabelle and Simon's laughter slowly fading and Jace's and Clary's breathing noises slowly withered away.

everything fell apart, and so has Junèthen.

[wowowowow double update im. it still sucked anyway hahaha I tried. anyway ily alllll, don't forget to vote even tho this story is equivalent to trash hahahaahahah]