T W E N T Y - F O U R

last chapter of this storyline.

as expected, the trip towards Camille's apartment was surely a torturing and painful one for all of them

Jace went missing with Hodge's body when Alec and Luke were comforting Junèthen, which left all of them worried. Junèthen did nothing but weep and look outside the car window the whole ride, and Alec tangled his fingers with his.

the shadowhunter could do nothing but hold his hand and occasionally rub his back since he was afraid that the more he talk, the more the nephalem would hurt and feel bad about killing Hodge. Alec knew it wasn't Junèthen who killed Hodge, but yet he didn't know what to say. for that, he felt guilty, since he was the one the part-faerie depended on the most.

"hey," he tried to start a conversation with him, but the red-eyed would just reply with "don't." of course, Alec wanted to know what happened to the vampire's wrist and why his eyes didn't change back to his normal grey ones, but he just suspected that it was the side effects of being injected with demon blood.

the whole car ride was quiet with occasion short conversation, and the trio was glad to be able to get rid of the awkwardness as Luke pulled the car into the lot and they all got down the car, inhaling the fresh air.

after the awkward silence to the level of Camille's apartment, they entered the huge space and the scent of old books hit their nose, along with the smell of blood.

"oh, my little sweet caramel, it's nice seeing you again," they hear a familiar voice said and turned around to face Camille Belcourt, the female vampire who turned Simon Lewis into a vampire.

she walked closer to the blonde with her finger held out to touch him, but Alec stood in front of him protectively and swat her hand away. "oh, to whoever owns this apartment, there's a hella big fly standing in front of me which i think you need to get rid of. it's hecka annoying," he said, his eyes rolling up.

"and like a fly, I wouldn't hesitate to suck your blood away, Nephilim," she scoffed, licking her lips after.

"oh my god, and it's a super big female one who will drink your blood! you need to get rid of it!" Alec shouted even louder, alerting Clary and Simon.

Camille rolled her eyes but quickly smiled when Simon walked out with a piece of paper in his hand, and Clary didn't seem too happy about it. "what's that?"Junèthen asked, looking at the paper as he asked Simon.

"a writ of turning-Simon-into-a-vampire," Magnus answered as he walked out of another room, his fingers running across the books resting on Camille's shelf. the blonde then frowned and glared at Simon, as if asking him why he would do that, and the male vampire seemed to understand it.

Simon cleared his throat. "in exchange for the writ, she would lead us to the book of the white and give us it."

the brunette took the piece of paper over and smiled, then caressed her hand on Simon's face, making the touched cringe. "he did what you asked, now give us the book," Clary demanded.