1

Everyone quickly shuffled inside the large classroom, finding an empty seat wherever possible. Given my social awkwardness, I found one farthest away from anyone with a beating heart.

I didn't mind being alone, I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. Just having my pencil and a journal ready to take notes was all I needed.

Most young adults my age hate academics. They want to go out, get wasted, and hook up with someone of the opposite sex, or of the same sex for the adventurous ones.

You could say I'm unusual given the things I like, and how watching Netflix and studying always trumps going out to be around my outlandish peers.

In high school I was always taunted with the nicknames of 'nerd' or 'prude', but it rarely affected me. My parents always supported my decisions and fed me meals when appropriate of course. I can still remember their puffy eyes the day I left for uni. They said it was the worst and best day of their life to have their little girl leaving them to find herself and achieve her educational dreams.

My thoughts were interrupted when a large, and very bald man began speaking in front of the class. His spectacles looked dusty from where I was seated. He seemed to have some sort of genius aura about him.

"Shakespeare once said, 'Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.' Some of you were easily accepted here because of your social status, while others earned this opportunity. Whatever your situation, you will work hard to pass this class. When you chose fictional writing as one of your electives you chose correctly. This class will challenge you in ways you've never been challenged before. Tonight your assignment is to write a thousand words on what you expect from this class this year. You're all dismissed, consider taking this time to begin your assignment." The professor stepped down from his podium, wiped his forehead with a creme colored handkerchief, and exited the classroom.

At that, almost the whole class excitedly leapt from their seats to take advantage of this free time. I, on the other hand, got out my laptop and began typing away.

I've always loved writing. It's always been sort of a secret passion. I'd write poems in my leather journal, even a few short stories here and there.

"Here's you pencil." I gulped down as the familiar voice spoke. I looked up to find the young male I'd been staring at earlier. His curls were swept to the side, a blue plaid shirt placed over a white t-shirt, and black jeans covered his body. His lips were tugged upwards in a heart melting smile.

He held out the writing utensil which I nervously took from his grasp.

"T-Thanks." His facial expression looked almost amused with my response.

"So, fictional writing, huh? Didn't think of you as the writing type to be honest. The professor kind of seems like an asshole." Confidence radiated off of him as he spoke freely.

"He seems perfectly fine to me." I said in a small voice.

"Ah, so you speak. Do you have a name also?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"My name is uh- Leah, Leah Hudson." God, why must I be so awkward? A crooked smile became plastered his lips at my response.

"Nice to meet you Leah, I'm Harry Styles." As he stuck his hand out, his sleeve pulled up just enough to show black ink stenciled into his skin.

My mother always said that tattooed people were always bad news, but Harry didn't seem bad so I took his hand in mine and shook it gently.

"You have some soft hands there Leah Hudson, I'll see you around." With a smirk he went back the opposite direction and exited the classroom.

I breathed a sigh of relief at how well I handled that social interaction. Then, all my focus was put back on my paper.

-

"Welcome back roommate! How was your first day of classes?" My very blonde, very loud, and very dumb roommate squealed as soon as I walked into our medium sized apartment. My mother found her on Craig's list saying she was the "perfect candidate". I guess I'm lucky that she's not the school slut, or has a million piercings on her face.

"They were alright I guess." I said shyly.

"We need to let your spirit animal out girl! I know there's a confident Leah somewhere in there!" All this squealing was beginning to give me a major headache.

"You know what, to show my appreciation for choosing me to share this apartment I'm taking you out!"

"O-Out where?"

"To a party silly! Every year, after the first day of school, upperclassmen throw a huge party to celebrate surviving the first classes!"

"You know, I really need to work on this paper..." I lied. I'd already finished my paper for fictional writing hours ago.

"I promise I will get you home early, and then you can work on your paper until your heart desires."

"Okay." Casey jumped up and down, excitedly clapping her hands together.

"Now we need to make you look super hot, I heard all the cutest guys will be there!"

This is going to be just wonderful.

[Photo of Harry in this chapter in side bar.]