42

I wake up to his breath hitting the back of my neck, not remembering when exactly we fell asleep. Perhaps it was after finally seeing Frozen that we both just drifted to nothing.

Harry is pushed into the couch as I'm placed in front of him, the two of us just barely fitting. His legs are tangled with mine as shallow breaths leave his lips.

After lying there for a few more calm moments I slowly get off of the couch, turning back to find Harry still fast asleep. I smile at his disheveled hair before walking to the bathroom.

I quickly brush my teeth before stepping inside the shower, water starting out cold before gradually heating up.

As I stand there my thoughts go to Casey, how quickly her life has changed forever. Now I'll most likely be losing my roommate so she can go start her new life, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that to happen. Sure, I'll move on once she does have to leave, but just thinking about it is not easy.

I continue to think like this as I finish up in the shower, finally turning the knob and waiting until the water stops coming out of the shower head.

I'm startled as I step out and Harry is leaning against the doorway of the bathroom, laughing as I place a hand over my chest.

"You should've seen your face! Priceless," he says as he continues chuckling.

"Oh, shut up." I say, rolling my eyes as my breath gets back to a normal pace.

"I never got to say how amazing the other night was," he says, changing the subject completely.

I smile, "when we had sex?"

"Yes, that. Could we maybe try that again soon?" Harry asks playfully, "maybe right now?" He walks in front of me, pulling my body into his.

"If you insist," I say as he presses his mouth to mine, tongue swiping across my lower lip in a desperate manner.

I gasp when cold air hits my skin when the towel is pulled off of me and dropped to the ground, Harry being the culprit. He dips down, kissing just under where my jaw meets meets my neck. My head falls back in absolute ecstasy as he continues to nip and tug at the sensitive skin.

Harry pulls off his shirt, tossing it aside before taking off his jeans, eyes finding mine again when he's finished.

My eyes trace over the dark ink forever tattooed onto his skin, some intricate while other simple designs are etched across his body. I stop when I read, "things I can't," on his forearm.

"What does this mean?" I ask, wondering why he'd get the three words permanently placed on him.

"You would ask that right now," he says softly,"can we talk about it later?"

He doesn't exactly let me answer, hand gripping onto my hip as he trails kisses across my collarbone. I giggle when he picks me up, gently lying me down onto the plush mat in the center of the bathroom.

"Do you have protection?" I ask in between rushed breaths.

"Shit, no." Harry groans before pulling away and standing up, beginning to put back on his jeans. I pick the towel off the floor, standing up and wrapping it back around my body.

"I guess I'll run to the store and get some real quick," he says after pulling the shirt back over his head.

"Don't take too long," I say, watching as he winks and walks out of the bathroom, hearing the front door open and close just a few seconds later.

Harry's POV:

I round the car, opening the door and sitting in the drivers side. Leaning forward, I put the key in the ignition, turning it and bringing the car to life.

The radio is already at full volume, the way I prefer it to be. A song by The Police is playing, but I can't seem to remember the name of it at the moment, and I know it will bother me the rest of the day until I find out.

My mind gets sidetracked as I pass the frat house, spotting Casey's car outside. Hopefully she got Liam to quit his act, because how he's being towards the pregnancy isn't something I'd think would come from him.

As I drive past the house, I wonder why I didn't just get a condom from my bedroom, but then again, a box of them at Leah's apartment could always be a useful convenience.

Finally, I reach the local drug store, one that almost everyone on campus uses for getting pills, or just something to get them feeling something other than how they usually felt.

It's kind of funny because I used to be that dumb college kid, at least before Nikolai came and turned me into whatever I am now.

I smile at how I used to be care free, just doing the most reckless things and hoping I wouldn't get caught. Nikolai changed all of that though, making my life cautious and dangerous with the use of his persuasive words.

I quickly shake away the thoughts of that man as I get out of my car and walk into the store. Inside, there are a long line of young adults at the pharmacy section of the place. They all look as if half of their brain cells are gone as they wait to be given their source of destruction. I can't help but feel bad for them though, considering I may have become one of them myself.

I look at the sad spectacle one last time before getting what I came here for and waiting in line to check out. As I stand there, a man across the store is flickering his eyes between whatever he is looking at and me, acting suspicious to say the least.

Suddenly I became impatient, "could you hurry up?" I sharply ask the cashier whom rolls her eyes at me before pressing a few buttons on the register, and hands the customer in front of me their receipt.

I watch as the worker slowly scans the box, turning around just enough to see the man walking in our direction.

"Fuck this," I say before throwing a twenty at the cashier and grabbing the bag she took a lifetime to make and sit on the counter.

I walk quickly out of the store, cursing as I bump into a junkie who walks inside. I don't wait for his slurred words as I jog to my car, getting inside and hurriedly drive out of the parking lot.

I speed down the road as my hands anxiously grip onto the steering wheel. I lose control of the car as for a moment when it goes off of the road slightly. Once I've gained control again, it's too late.

All I hear is the sound of metal hitting metal as another car comes crashing into mine.

__________________

Goal: 1400 votes and 300 comments

Please don't hate me, I know this update took forever and it wasn't very long or good. I've been busy with school, sports, and life all week. It's difficult to find time to write and update as frequently as I did before spring sports started. They end very soon, within two weeks, so after that I will be updating as much as possible!

So, my update schedule for right now is at least two times a week, something I can do at the moment.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Jo x