9

There's only a few pages left in my novel, last time I checked the clock it was around twelve. I probably haven't stopped reading for over an hour. Suddenly, my phone begins ringing, taking my attention off the book.

"Hello?" I say while marking the page I was on and setting it down.

"Hey, um, it's Harry. Is this a bad time?" He stutters, sounding a bit off.

"No this is a great time." I say. He chuckles a bit, very nervously might I add.

"Okay, so, I was wondering if you'd go out with me tonight. Like on a date, or I mean just as friends if you'd like."

My breathing falters at his question. This is so sudden, and unexpected from Harry. Of course I like him, hell I've liked him since the moment I saw him in the benched area on the first day of uni.

"Yes, of course." I say after hesitating a moment.

"Really?" He sounds relieved, probably smiling like an idiot, I can hear it in his voice.

"Yes, really. What time will you be picking me up?" I say as confidently as I can, not wanting to sound nervous.

"Around seven, wear something casual or whatever you call it." He says, and I laugh lightly at him.

"Are you doing it?" I hear someone say in the background.

"I'm doing it right now, get out! Alright seven, I'll be there, bye." He says rather quickly, I laugh before saying goodbye myself.

The line goes dead and I'm left with a silly grin on my face. Today I actually want Casey's help getting prepared.

-

We decided on jeans and a tank top since it's still relatively warm outside. Nerves have been eating away at me all day. At exactly seven o'clock I hear the apartment doorbell go off, indicating that Harry is waiting downstairs.

"Good luck girl!" Casey gives me a quick hug before sending me out the front door of our apartment.

Casey does have a somewhat loud and obnoxious persona, but at the same time she's sweet and caring, and I'm actually really happy that she is my roommate. As I walked down the stairs, I decided I would tell her just that once I got home.

"Hey." Harry's raspy voice said as I opened the front door of the building and stepped out. He was wearing tight black jeans, and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. His hair was casually to the side, like always.

He grinned, and I swear it was the most adorable smile I've ever seen.

"Hello, how are you?" Harry didn't respond, just pulled me into a tight embrace, his breath hitting my hair.

"I'm great now that I'm finally here." He said as we pulled away, although I didn't want to, at all.

"What do you mean?" I asked as we began walking towards his car.

"I mean, I've been nervous as hell all day, but now that I'm here all the nerves have vanished." He said without the slightest embarrassment. I loved how open he was with me, it was like he didn't want to hide anything.

"To be honest, I've been nervous too. Going on a date is kind of a big thing for me." I said, most likely blushing. Harry rounded the car, opening the passenger door for me like a gentleman, and shutting it once I was comfortably seated.

"Is this your first date, or something?" He asked once in the drivers seat, no judgement in his voice at all.

"Yes." I said, not wanting to embarrass myself further.