38

Our bodies were tangled in a somehow comfortable mess when my eyes fluttered open, immediately being met with the sound of Harry's heavy snores. His arms were wrapped around me from behind, and I turn just enough to find his mouth agape, eyes closed as he sleeps peacefully.

Last night suddenly floods my mind, the emotion in Harry's eyes as we made love is etched there for the rest of my days. I savor the memory for a moment before untangling myself and getting out of the all too comfortable bed, putting back on my bra and underwear, and easily finding the bathroom to use the toilet.

Just when I'm finishing up, I notice red, blood staining my underwear. I mentally smack myself for not remembering this after effect of losing your virginity. I quickly clean myself up, hoping that there were no traces of it anywhere else.

I slowly open the bathroom door after washing my hands, finding the bed just outside of it empty. I can hear faint voices coming from the living room, becoming louder as I walk closer to the door of the bedroom.

I put my ear against the wood, hearing the distinct voice of Harry and someone, definitely a male, arguing. Whoever it is, they sound extremely angry.

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about," I hear Harry yell, a loud crash sounding from somewhere in the living room I'm guessing.

"Using that girl for your own benefit is not a good way to live life, Harry. Just consider my offer and make the choice that won't result in any consequences."

My blood runs cold at the venom in the voice that I've rarely heard belonging to Nikolai. You can hear the confidence and dominance in his voice, something he's probably used to both persuade and threaten people with.

After that I only hear bits and pieces until the sound of someone coming towards the bedroom door causes me to become alert. I immediately walk backwards, scared that it could be Nikolai, but am relieved when Harry walks in with his hair in a jumbled mess.

He has a pair of jeans and white t-shirt on, lips almost forming a smile before turning into a frown. "Let me get you something to wear," he says before crossing the room, pulling out a pair of gray sweatpants and purple sweatshirt for me. I thank him once he hands them to me, quickly putting them on and tying my hair into a ponytail.

Harry sits on the edge of the bed as I do so, remaining quiet as he watches me get dressed. I can tell something is bothering him about the visit from Nikolai by the blank stare in his eyes, but I'd rather have him tell me himself.

"You heard what just happened, didn't you?" He asks after a moment, eyes finally looking into my own. I nod, wanting him to continue.

"Apparently this place has fucking cameras because he knew we were here," he says, using his hands to refer to the living space.

My eyes widen, "Are there cameras in every room?" I ask, mainly referring to the bedroom.

"No, I don't think so. After he left I found two, one at the entrance and another in the living room." He laughs a bit before continuing, "I'm sure he would've enjoyed watching what went on in here last night." He says with a cheeky grin, my cheeks immediately heating up.

"Come here," he says, lower lip pouting out as he pulls me onto his lap, pressing his lips to mine.

"I'm scared of what he could do, Harry." I say once we've pulled away, breaths still staggering.

"Nothing can come between you and I, not even Nikolai."

"I want to believe that, but with the amount of power and influence he has it's really difficult." I say.

Nikolai could probably order someone to kill us and cover it up without a moments hesitation.

"I wish I could give you more reassurance, but for right now I can just guarantee that I will protect you no matter what, okay?"

"This whole situation is kind of messed up, isn't it?"

"Yes it is, but I'm going to fix it no matter what it takes." He says with a sigh. "I love you."

"I love you too, let's just not get ourselves killed."

We fall silent for a few moments, my head resting against his shoulder.

"We should probably get going, who knows if he decides to come back to harass me even more." Harry says, gently pushing me to my feet. He stands up as well, pulling out his phone and putting it to his ear. He speaks under his breath to whoever is on the other end of the line, sighing once he hangs up. "They're bringing my car in about five minutes."

"Oh look at you, getting people to do your dirty work."

"One of the only benefits of working for Nikolai is that there's almost always someone lower than you."

"Don't get too caught up in it all, Styles."

He laughs, "I most definitely won't, but certain times call for desperate measures."

We both walk to the front of the apartment, on the way I notice a broken vase on the ground, most likely to have cost thousands. Harry smiles at it before putting his shoes on, while I pick up the heels from last night, deciding to walk bare foot instead of nearly falling with each step.

I call the elevator up as Harry is tying his shoes, both of us stepping inside by the time it arrives. Once we are in the lobby and walk outside, the black range rover is waiting on the curb, no one inside of it.

He rounds the vehicle as I sit in the passengers seat. The key is left in the ignition, and Harry turns it once inside, bringing the car to life.

As we drive, Harry covers my hand with his own, a comforting gesture that makes my heart race.

I watch as we leave the city behind, skyscrapers slowly become smaller as the miles pass by. Once it's far gone I focus ahead, noticing Harry's lingering eyes on me as he drives.

"We'll go back soon, I can tell you really love it there." He says with a smile.

"I really do, maybe after college and everything I'll be able to afford some place in the city."

"I like the sound of that," he says before putting a cd labeled 'The Fray' into the disk player. I tap along to the music as Harry sings to the lyrics he already has memorized.

We drive like this for awhile until I notice familiar territory, sitting up as we pull into the apartment complex.

Harry leans across the console once parked, kissing me several times until I finally pulled away and stepped out of the car. I watched as he grinned and waved, rolling down the window and telling the neighbors how he felt about me.

I laughed until he drove away, walking inside the building and opening the door to my own apartment, only to be shocked by what I find.

____________________

I finally updated, yay

Goal: 800 votes and 150 comments

Is anyone else on spring break? Mine just started! Where have you, or are planning to go on vacation?

This chapter was pretty short, but I promise the next one will be longer with being on break and everything.

Don't be a ghost reader, vote and comment! Also, follow me if you want to know when I'm updating! Xo