27

Leaning my head on his chest, feeling as it slowly rises and falls with each breath. This was the most peaceful moment I'd had in awhile, just lying on the couch watching movies with Harry. The main characters of the romantic comedy we put on awhile ago began feverishly kissing, Harry groaning as if he were an embarrassed teen watching a sex scene with his parents in the room.

I turned my head, "What's so wrong with them kissing?"

Harry rolled his eyes at the television before answering, "I'm not a girl, I'm not into this sappy shit like you are. I'd rather be watching dudes shooting each other then getting some hot girl in the last scene." He said with a shrug.

"Good thing I picked out the movies then because five minutes of what you just described would've sent me right to sleep."

Harry's eyes widened in disbelief, "Are you serious? Guys fighting and killing stuff with guns wouldn't keep you entertained?"

"Nope," I answer simply, "guess I'm just a typical sappy girl."

"You're my typical sappy girl though." He says with a silly grin. "Too much?" He asks before kissing the tip of my nose, leaving a bit of moisture on the spot where his lips touched.

I cringe, wiping my nose with the sleeve of my sweater, "Too much, but I kind of like it."

"You did not just wipe away my kiss." Harry says as if offended, I finally roll onto my elbows, placing them on either side of him instead of constantly turning my head around.

"Maybe." I say with a smirk, which was a mistake on my part because as soon as the words leave Harry begins attacking me with his lips.

"You," He starts in between kisses, "shouldn't," he kisses my neck, "have," then forehead, "said," then my cheek, "that." He finishes before finally pressing his lips to mine, a feeling of absolute bliss going straight through my body. I run my fingers along his jaw before tangling them in his curls, relishing in the feeling of our mouthes moving as one. Harry begins to sit up, forcing me to move further up his body, he reaches for the bottom of my shirt, lightly tugging it up. Heat spreads within me, and for some reason it feels wrong.

"Harry-" I slightly pull away from him, embarrassed. My cheeks heat up as his concerned emerald eyes stare at me.

I'm such an idiot.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, "What is it? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's just, I'm not really ready for all of that yet." I say, referring to sex without actually saying the dreaded word aloud.

Harry grins, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "Don't be embarrassed,
Leah. I'm willing to wait as long as I have to for you to feel comfortable." He says soothingly, and I can't help but think how I managed to be with someone so wonderful.

"You really are amazing, you know that right?"

Harry shrugs, "I try to be." He then kisses my forehead, a comforting gesture that makes my heart race. In an attempt to regain a regular heartbeat, I turn back to the television, having absolutely no idea what is going on.

"We missed like, half the movie." I complain.

"Your fault for wiping my kiss away, never do that again by the way." He says playfully, and I swat his arm. "Do you want to go to bed?" He asks, and I begin to feel panicked. "I won't try anything, I swear. Well I mean, unless you want me to." He rambles, making me laugh.

"Let's go to bed." I outstretch my arms before standing and walking to the bathroom. Harry stands in the doorway as I brush my teeth, but doesn't say a word without making a face.

"Can I use your toothbrush?" He asks once I'm finished. I hand him the toothbrush hesitantly, trying not to think of him using it.

"Don't get too many germs on it." I warn before walking to my bedroom and quickly getting changed into pajamas. Harry walks in shortly after, jumping onto my bed with a massive thud. "You're going to wake everyone in the building up!" I whisper loudly, but can't help laughing at him.

"Cuddle with me." He whines, and I quickly oblige, turning off the lights before going to his inviting arms, warmth enveloping me.

"You do illegal things, yet you act like a big teddy bear." I tease.

"You have this effect on me, babe." He says, and I'm taken back by the nickname he's never used before.

"Babe?" I question, the word sounding absolutely foreign once it leaves my lips.

"Yeah, do you like it, babe?" He asks with a chuckle.

"It's kind of strange, but I'll take it." At that he leans down, pecking my nose just like he had earlier.

"Wipe that and I'll kill you." He says as serious as possible.

I gasp dramatically, "That's a little harsh."

He sighs before gently kissing me, "Goodnight Leah." He says just loud enough for me to hear.

"Goodnight Harry." I whisper back.

As he wraps his arm around my waist, I can't help but think what it would be like if the statements were "I love you's," instead.

-

I wake to the smell of something cooking, rather burning. I yawn loudly before getting out of bed, nearly forgetting that Harry had slept besides me, but his spot is empty. I walk out of my bedroom, finding Harry leaned against the kitchen counter with a spatula in hand.

"What's going on out here?" I question, yawning once again.

"I'm making pancakes, but the first batch kind of got burnt when I took a piss." He explained, and it took everything in me not to burst out laughing at him.

"They smell good." I point out, going up to the stove and inspecting the perfectly golden pancakes.

"Well I am a good chef, except when I've got to piss." He says, laughing at himself. "I'm not funny enough for you, am I?"

"Not really."

"But clearly I'm good looking enough." He closes the distance between us, placing his hands on my hips before leaning down and connecting his lips to my own. He tastes of spearmint, and I wonder how he always manages to keep it that way.

Harry and I pull away shortly after, laughing, when the smell of burnt pancakes fill the air.

(The next couple of updates will be more on the cute side, but it's just a calm before the storm.

Don't be a ghost reader, vote and comment! Love all of your feedback. Xo)