7

We did our annual routine, him meeting me on the bench just as the birds began to chirp, oh how I wish I could describe his smile on paper.

"How many times have you read that damn book?" He asked without his grin faltering whatsoever.

"I lost count at fifteen, honestly I'm pretty sure the last twenty pages are stained with my tears." I sighed as I looked at 'The Fault In Our Stars' which sat in my lap.

"Must be a really good book, I haven't even seen my favorite movie that many times." Harry scoffed.

"What's your favorite movie?" I asked with my knees tucked to my chest.

"The Godfather." Harry said with a silly grin, as if remembering how wonderful the film was.

"What the hell is The Godfather?"

And for the next hour Harry explained to me every reason why "The Godfather" is the best movie that has ever been made.

-

"Hello class, congratulations on making it to your first Friday of the school year." Professor Baldwin clapped his hands, earning no reaction from any of his students.

"This guy really enjoys embarrassing himself." Harry whispered from his seat. I kicked his leg, I've never enjoyed making fun of people especially since it happened to me so much.

"Well the only thing about Fridays in this class is that, instead of writing a thousand word paper, you will have to write a three thousand word paper. This assignment can be about anything your mind can think of, but make sure you stick to one topic. Have a good weekend, class dismissed."

Harry and I didn't filter out like the rest of the students, instead we put our supplies away and faced each other.

"Got any plans for this weekend?" He asked once his journal was safely tucked inside his bag.

"No, I'll probably just read or watch romance movies." I said with a shrug.

"That's boring, Leah. Live it up a little and come to the house tonight, we're having a party." Harry said with pleading eyes.

God dammit. How can I resist him?

"Fine, I'll go to your party. Just don't let me drink too much." I said. Harry immediately cracked a crooked smile.

"No guarantees."

-

Casey dressed me up in one of her tight dresses, again. This one was maroon and looked pretty good on me so I didn't complain, much.

I wobbled up to the house, Casey on my arm for support. The door was already wide open, allowing anyone to enter. The entire house was packed with bodies, all eager to drink away this first week of school.

As we made our way through the crowd I could feel lingering eyes on me, but chose to ignore them.

Finally, my eyes landed on Zayn. Him and his group were all standing around a pool table, each with a beer in hand. Casey guided me towards them, squealing as she greeted each boy.

"I've got the shots!" I heard a deep accent from behind me, only turning to find Harry holding up a tray of small glasses filled with alcohol. He sat them down on the pool table before looking at me. His eyes raked up and down my body before speaking.

"I'm glad you came." Harry encased me in an embrace, one that literally made your heart warm and melt with each millisecond. His scent was manly, the good kind. He clearly put on some kind of cologne and it made me never want to stop smelling the fabric of his t-shirt.

"Come on Styles!" I believe Niall yelled, making Harry pull away, a smirk plastered on his face as he turned to his friends.

"Have one Leah." Casey encouraged, I shrugged before grabbing the small glass of clear liquid. Everyone else grabbed one and downed it. I did the same, only to have the drink burn my throat like a hot iron.

"I'll go get another round." Zayn said before heading off into the unknown.

"You look beautiful." Harry whispered into my ear, his words a bit slurred.

"And you're drunk." I said with a laugh, he leaned back and chuckled a bit.

"And you will be soon too, you smart ass." He said before swiping his tongue along his bottom lip.

"Who's up for another round." Zayn brought more shots to the table. Once again, everyone, including myself, grabbed a glass and quickly tipped it back, allowing the alcohol to slide down the backs of their throats.

"Who's up for a game of pool?" Louis asked the group. Everyone nodded, Casey of course bounced up and down whilst clapping her hands excitedly.

"Let's form teams?" Harry suggested.

Niall and Louis quickly put teams together. On the first was Casey, Niall, Liam, and I. On the second was Harry, Zayn, and Louis.

Our team huddled, "Alright just let us tell you ladies how to shoot the ball, and we should be fine." Liam said with a grin. I just nodded, I could care less about playing pool.

Finally, it was time to begin playing. I didn't really pay attention much unless Harry was up to take a shot, watching him lean over the table, eyes focused on the target. His muscles flexed each time he hit the cue ball, making my cheeks flush whenever he caught me staring. It was honestly enough to put me in a coma if I looked for too long.

"Oi! Why don't you let the ladies go you hogs!" Louis shouted at our team. Liam just shrugged before handing me the pool stick and smacking me on the shoulder. I hesitantly walked up to the table, not really sure how the hell to play pool.

"Need some help?" Harry asked from the opposite side of the table. I quickly nodded, making him smile before walking over and standing behind me. He placed his hands on my hips, telling me how to hold the stick and how to hit the cue ball. All the while his lips dangerously brushed parts of my ear with each slow instruction he gave.

"Now aim for the striped ball, good, and bring it back and push forward." His hands dropped from around my body, allowing me to take the shot. I did, and somehow the ball went into the top right socket. I beamed before going to where the cue ball ended up, attempting to hit another one in but missing.

"Stop helping the enemy, Styles." Louis said in a serious tone. Harry just smiled before going back to his designated side of the table.

I didn't go for the rest of the game, nor did I care, because the way Harry's emerald eyes lingered onto mine made the game seem completely nonexistent.

I hadn't noticed Harry walking towards me until he stood directly in front of me.

"Let's dance."